Sunday, October 4, 2026

YOUR SUNDAY MOMENT OF ZEN

 

“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.” ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditation

3 comments:

  1. 🙏... Wisdom from the Quantum field of awareness.

    ReplyDelete




  2. we note that he was
    "Marcus Aurelius Antoninus was Roman emperor from 161 to 180 and a Stoic philosopher. He was a member of the Nerva–Antonine dynasty, the last of the rulers later known as the Five Good Emperors" His son Commodus replaced him and ruled with a dictatorial manner, ending up assassinated by a gladaitorial wrestler. Thus ended the Pax Romana and began the decline of the Empire. Those who forget the past, etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could scratch figures
      I would show you fathers of the 13 Fires
      how my many grandfathers struggled
      to construct the Longhouse
      with two doors and a central fire
      which you entered
      and took out a lit kindling;
      how you took up the wisdom
      of our great and wise Peacemaker
      as you accepted our corn
      caught trout from our rivers,
      scalp-hair from our heads.
      If you would listen with clean ears,
      and I could scratch these sureties
      into birch bark or rock
      you would remember always
      from where your freedoms and liberties
      first captured your attention.

      May your fire burn,
      and allow our fire
      to blaze as well...
      sign of spirit,
      symbol of survival,
      our corn fields,
      our white pine of peace,
      eagle diligently watching
      all the skies.

      A people who do not remember...
      rain which falls upon rock.


      --Maurice Kenny

      Delete