Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Thank you.


To my P.E. readers:

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful messages of condolence. I was very much comforted by your heartfelt expressions of concern and friendship and am deeply touched by each and everyone of you.

My husband's death was expected, since he had been ill for a long time, but it was still shocking and we are devastated by the loss.

My family and I now must begin the task of learning to live without him.

Thank you again for your sincere expressions of sympathy for my family and for me.

Here is one last photo of us in a happy time. We were on our way to the Boston Symphony Orchestra's opening night, September 2013.






5 comments:

KanaW said...

My deepest condolences, Shaw.
Losing someone close is terrible, but the memories will keep him with you, and in time, those memories will grow from a source of pain to a source of comfort.
Virtual hugs to you and yours.

Jerry Critter said...

That's a beautiful picture of two beautiful people.

Peace!

Unknown said...

I haven't been around very much lately and this is the first I heard of your loss. I am not religious, so saying something like you have my prayers will likely cause you more harm than good :-), but you do have my thoughts and sorrow for your loss.

There's never words that truly help those who lose a loved one, but just now that at least one more human being offers both sympathy and empathy for you and hope that you recover from such a terrible event soon.

Take care of yourself and keep busy. I find that to be the best way to battle the intense sadness and depression these things cause.

Anonymous said...

I have lost my wife recently from illness, as well.
Prayers, peace, and serenity, a balm for hearts in pain,
healing for damaged souls. Peace to you and your family.

FreeThinke said...

___________ Remember ___________

Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.

Remember me when no more, day by day,
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.

Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,

Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.



~ Christina Rossetti (1836-1894)