Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Saturday, January 5, 2008

LIMBAUGH THE RACIST

Rush Limbaugh is the darling of the conservative crowd. He's also a racist. They deserve each other. I look forward to the day when people like Limbaugh are relegated to the scumheap of history.

I've never understood how anyone with functioning brain cells could listen to this undereducated and overblown gasbag. Sadly, we have a lot of people in this country who do, and who think it's funny to make up songs about black people to mock them (with the real intent of "keeping them in their place").

Overprivleged white men have been doing it for years. And their time is coming to an end.

Thank Darwin.




From John Amato's "AMERICA BLOG."


BREAKING: Limbaugh’s “Barack the Magic Negro,” on-air song has workers up in arms

Rush Limbaugh has angered many black employees over this parody song called "Barack the Magic Negro" This isn't the first or the last time that Limbaugh will go after Obama's race:

I've been told that they have held meetings internally to deal with a ground swell of anger at Rush because of this.

UPDATE: I've anonymously confirmed that stations around the country who carry the show are having concerns expressed by listeners and even their own workers of color about the Obama parody, and the ensuing controversy in the media, and that respective managements are considering ways to address the matter with as little Imus-like backlash as possible,..This is starting to boil over…

A caller noticed there was a disclaimer added to the station she listens to and asks Rush why."

2 comments:

Obob said...

Shaw, are you a closet Hannity fan?
Just kidding, I not a big Rush guy. I like Dennis Miller on the drive home. Thus I have not heard the song. I will listen to it to be open minded. Until then I will hold on the racist label. Odds are it is there is be more polemic than anything else.

Anonymous said...

What scares me is that they have an easier time than they did a few years ago. I hope we're not headed in the wrong direction.