Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

REPUBLICAN CAMPAIGN PINS


While a number of speakers -- such as Railroad Commission chairman Michael Williams and Mike Huckabee -- have praised the advance of Barack Obama and what it means towards a colorblind society, at least one vendor hasn't gotten the message.

At the Texas Republican state convention, a booth hosted by Republicanmarket was selling a pin Saturday that says: If Obama is President will we still call it the White House.

There were other pins that weren't necessarily conveying the positive, inclusive, united front that has been portrayed during the convention. One said, "Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Deportation" and another, "I will hold my nose when I vote for McCain"


2 comments:

Patrick M said...

"I will hold my nose when I vote for McCain"

Is there any other way?

I'm just curious what happened with the pin booth, as in did the state GOP pull the plug on this stupidity? Put bluntly, there's no place for that crap in the GOP.

Anonymous said...

I don't know yet. I'm trying to follow up on this to find out.

McCain keeps changing his positions.

It's okay to learn new information and change one's mind if that information requires it. But McCain's changed position (on torture, for example)looks like pandering.