Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Saturday, May 4, 2019

Saturday Night Music



I've always been a David Byrne and David Bowie fan.

This is spectacular!







Heroes 
David Bowie 

I, I wish you could swim 
Like the dolphins 
Like dolphins can swim 

Though nothing, nothing will keep us together 
We can beat them, forever and ever 
Oh, we can be heroes just for one day 

I, I will be King 
And you, you will be Queen 
Though nothing will drive them away 
We can be heroes just for one day 
We can be us just for one day 

I, I can remember 
(I remember) 
Standing by the wall 
(By the wall) 
And the guns, shot above our heads 
(Over our heads) 
And we kissed, as though nothing could fall 
(Nothing could fall) 

And the shame, was on the other side 
Oh, we can beat them, forever and ever 
Then we could be heroes just for one day 

We can be heroes 
We can be heroes 
We can be heroes just for one day 
We can be heroes 

Songwriters: Brian Eno / David Bowie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really is wonderful. I, too, have been a big fan of both (with a school girl crush thrown in).

I think it should be used to get out the vote in 2020 (we can be heroes just for today)!!

Possumlady

Infidel753 said...

Thank you for posting this. Only a performer of David Byrne's caliber could do any justice to one of Bowie's songs.