Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

Monday, September 21, 2026




BREAKING:   Donald Trump was at a ribbon-cutting ceremony today, but there was no audio — because none of the press showed up to cover it due to his bans of CNN, MS NOW, and Politico. Watching a clip on Newsmax I came across online, they had to cut away and point out that they couldn't understand what Trump was saying because there was no press there to cover it. --Allen Clifton





***************************************

Major TV networks that rotate covering the president for wider media distribution say they will not do so moving forward after President Trump banned three media outlets from the White House last week. 

Fox News Media, ABC News, CBS News, NBC News and CNN responded to the ban in a rare joint statement, saying “the public has a vital interest in receiving accurate, independent information about its government.”

 






8 comments:

Dave Miller said...

All of this seems to be related to ongoing charges of "Fake News".

I'm sure I'd hate "fake news" if I'd ever heard a definition of it from anybody.

Is it bad news? Inconvenient news? News you don't like? News you don't agree with? News that is not factual? Biased news? Happy news?

If someone could just give me a straight forward definition, gosh, it'd be sooo helpful.

skudrunner said...

Hopefully they will keep their resolve but I doubt it. The press has a habit of bowing to pressure and I'm sure they will have plenty.
They have established a policy of we don't report the news we bend it to our agenda. I won't miss any of it because it is mostly false news no matter the network.

Les Carpenter said...

Bravo for the networks!

Unity can and WILL defeat the fascists in our own country. Just like we defeated them in Europe.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Maybe skud can answer your question, since he labels news as "mostly false news."

Shaw Kenawe said...

I asked AI if what you posted was true, that news is "mostly false news, no matter the network."

Here is the summary:

No, American network and cable news is not mostly "false news" reporting. Independent media watchdogs and quantitative evaluations show that while deep political bias, sensationalism, and a focus on opinion dominate the media landscape, the core news reporting remains anchored to verifiable facts.

The widespread belief that American news is mostly fake stems from a mix of intense political polarization, a blurring of lines between factual news and primetime opinion programming, and public skepticism.

Summary:

While American media is highly sensationalized, commercialized, and politically divided, it is not "fake news". Viewers seeking objective reality generally need to distinguish between straight daytime reporting and evening political commentary, or cross-reference televised reports with traditional print-based wire services like The Associated Press or Reuters.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Also, it helps, skud, to consume foreign news sources such as the BBC, the Irish Times, CBC News, Agence France-Presse (AFP) to name a few.

possumlady said...

I follow the Twin Cities media since I'm planning on retiring back to Minnesota one day. Last night they had an article online that stated "hundreds showed up to protest the possible destruction of the Kennedy Center." I added the comment that it was thousands, not hundreds. Some MAGA person replied to my comment "will you go on the record that they are fake news?" I replied, No, I'm not that simple minded. I explained that I doubted anyone from this local media station was broadcasting from DC so they must have gotten their information from another news service. Also, the date of the article was Saturday the 19th at 9:00 am. They obviously did not update it with more current information on the numbers. The MAGA moron didn't like my response and replied with a meme calling me a libtard - LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Ms. Shaw, As you pointed out "show that while deep political bias, sensationalism, and a focus on opinion dominate the media landscape" So perhaps fake news should be replaced with opinion news all the news we choose to report in the way we want to report it. Fox has been accused of being fake news when in fact they just report news that differs from others.
I do listen to BBC sometimes and in many cases it is a totally different news than the MSM report.