Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Friday, July 3, 2009

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND EXPRESSIONS OF CONDOLENCES

I've always loved this quote:

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." ~Plato

Over the last few months as my sister struggled with her illness, she was surrounded by her family, and we were with her at the moment she took her last breath. She died peacefully.

Thank you all for your kind and comforting words.

Ruth, your wishes are the same as her family's, and I thank you for expressing them to me.

dmarks, yes, something bad did happen, but we have accepted the inevitable, as everyone must in these circumstances. Thank you for your thoughts.

Christopher, I come from a large Italian family, and we are taking care of each other. Thank you for coming here and leaving me your kind words.

puddy, I did "hang in there" as best as I could. I appreciate your encouragement. Thank you.

Athenae, what a lovely surprise to read your note. Thank you so much. My best to you and my friends over at First Draft.

Anonymous, thank you. I appreciate your thoughts.

Erin, thank you sweetie. You're always so thoughtful.

TRUTH 101, I am comforted knowing you're out there in the midwest thinking of my family. That meant a lot to me. Thank you.

Gordon, you are special. My sincere and heartfelt thanks to you for your many expressions of support and kindness as I went through this awful time.

rockync, my sincere condolences to you and your family for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to come here and comfort me.

Lynne, thank you so much. I've learned that when we take care of each other, these unhappy times are easier to bear.

Pamela D. Hart, thank you for your kind thoughts. I've been looking at photos and videos for days now, and those wonderful memories are a great comfort.

DD2 aka Debonair Dude, thank you for coming here and expressing your sympathy. I really appreciate your kindness at this very sad time.

Frank the Carpenter, I am grateful for your kind words to me and my family. Thank you for coming here and sharing them.

(O)CT(O)PUS, thank you for comforting, generous words. I am especially pleased to have received these expressions of sympathy from everyone--they had a healing effect on me.

Bob, thank you for coming here and expressing your condolences. I very much appreciate your effort.

Italiano's Thoughts, mille grazie. Our family found solace in each other, in our memories, and, of course, food. Thank you for your kind words.

Jennifer, your words comforted me more than you'll know--and I appreciate your "virtual" hugs. I needed them very much. Thank you.

Right Is Right, you were so kind to come here and express your sorrow for me and my family. Thank you for taking the time to do so. I appreciate your effort.

Thayer, thank you for your support and comforting words.

4 comments:

Christopher said...

Shaw,

Italians families do know how to take care of one another. I know.

Again my condolences.

Dave Miller said...

Shaw, I am in Mexico with limited time or access to the net.

Please accept my belated sincere sympathy and prayers for you and your family.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Thank you Christopher and Dave.

internetexplorer said...

Been browsing for some nice condolence card messages or just any words to uplift and comfort people who are downhearted. I felt happy to have found this inspirational page of yours. These words are very nice. Thanks and keep sharing :)