Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sinfonian a/k/a DFH of Blast Off! on Keith Olbermann's Show!



Sinfonian was featured on Keith Olbermann's show tonight! Woo-Hoo!

He spoke at one of the tea bagger parties in Pensacola, Fla., but it wasn't a speech the audience was expecting. In fact, he was calling out the Bush administration for the mess we're in today and it was a while before the listeners understood that he was most definitely NOT one of them! LOL!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

DFH blogger speaks at Pensacola Tea Party ... and lives to tell the tale

If you were following my livetweeting today from the Pensacola Tea Party, then you already know: I gave a little speech. Hey, I'm a sucker for Open Mic Night ... what can I say?

Seriously -- I didn't realize there would be an opportunity to speak, but they were practically begging folks to come up and say a few words ... and I was right there ... well, with apologies for the picture quality, now you can see and hear for yourself:


"I enjoyed the part when I asked, "How many here make less than $250,000 a year?" and there's a big cheer ... then it goes quiet again when I tell them they'll pay less in taxes under the Obama plan. That's about when the murmuring started ...

My favorite part, though, is as I continue to gripe about the years from 2000 to 2008 (yeah, it's '01 to '09, but you have to "speak to your audience," y'know), and then I hit them with "place the blame where it belongs: squarely on the Republican Party and the Bush administration," they pretty much lost their shit at that point. That was fun.

But, like all good villains, I reveled in the booing just a bit ... although I should have closed with "Enjoy the rest of your teabagging!" Maybe I should have paid more attention in rehearsal ..."

12 comments:

Arthurstone said...

Excellent! I seem to remember budget surpluses as a good thing. Kind of a break on growth of the national debt. I'm sure someone here will point out the problem with the Clinton surpluses.

Still, this guy was super. The crowd he addressed is all kinds of pissed off but, and here's the funny part they aren't sure what they're pissed off about.

Boo f**king hoo.

Shaw Kenawe said...

It's called free-floating piss-offedness, and it's what the GOP lives on.

They're ALWAYS angry about something.

I'm guessing they were all weaned from their mothers' breast milk way too soon, and have never forgiven her or anyone else for that.

Arthurstone said...

. I seem to recall having read somewhere Rush Limbaugh was only 12 when he was weaned. You must be onto something :)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I would have paid to see that in person. It's clear from that video that those people are not interested in the truth. Why? Why dmarks? Blind hate. Dispute it.

Gordon Scott said...

If you think ten trillion in deficits means you're going to pay less taxes, I can see why you're an arts major.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so it's a pre-emptive rally for the increase in taxes that may or may not come. Thank you for explaining it Gordy.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Gordon,

Where was your outrage when Bush was running up the deficits and not vetoing any spending bills? Can you point me to your scathing indignation on how that will affect future generations? How about not budgeting the Iraqi war? And the billions per month we're still paying for that adventure?

I'll be waiting to read how you railled against the Bush administration's profligate spending and the policies it didn't implement that got us where we are today.

Meanwhile, while I'm waiting, I have to finish my newest piece I've been working on since Jan. 20, 2009, entitled "The Hypocrite Age."

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/rodn/ho_07.127.htm

IMHO said...

The left is going to continue labeling these tea parties as racist movements against a black president, that is always going to be how they handle our opposition, but I say the hell with what they say or think. Do as they do and don't look back!

Ruth said...

Sinfonian was truly blasting off! and loving the fact that it's their own interests the teabaggage is protesting. They loved them some wingnut debts.

(O)CT(O)PUS said...

Shaw: Please feel free to help yourself.

Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

Good to know I'm not the only guy doing his part to piss off republicans.

Sinfonian said...

Thanks, Shaw! Glad what I said had a positive impact on so many. Hope it actually made some of the teabaggers think, though ...

And thanks also to (O)CT(O)PUS, whose images I'll gladly appropriate (with credit, natch) as further evidence to beat back the teabaggers at my place who, truth be told, are getting just a little out of hand (no big surprise there).