Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Monday, April 20, 2009

A RACIST EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM SOUTHERNERS


A little boy said to his mother, "Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white?"

His mother replied, "Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!"


We are NOT post-racial. It is alive and well and flourishing in the south. This was sent over the internet and I received it today in my email. Congratulations you people in South Carolina, Houston, and North Carolina. for your "post-racial" slime. You are what makes us an embarrassment to the ourselves and the world. And you are so not mainstream. Why don't you all move to Idaho, join the skinheads and wallow in your pestilential sick jokes about bestiality and Mr. Obama's mother. It's a good bet these folks all belong to a Christian church.

It's been amusing how loudly the extremist right wingers complain that we see racism whenever we hear them complain about anything to do with Mr. Obama. This piece of hateful, dehumanizing rot puts everything into perspective.

And here are the people who sent this around:

Ron Chilton, President & CEO

National Trench Safety, LLC

15955 W. Hardy Rd., Suite 100

Houston, Texas 77060

Tele: 832.200.0988

Fax: 832.200.0989

ronchilton@ntsafety.com

www.ntsafety.com



Best Regards,

Tom Coble

COBLE TRENCH SAFETY

3137 Cedar Park Road

Greensboro, North Carolina 27405

(336) 908-7650 (Mobile)

(336) 398-3000 (Office)

(336) 398-5065 (Office Fax)

(704) 625-9030 (E-Fax)

tcoble@cobletrenchsafety.com

www.cobletrenchsafety.com


Best Regards

Randy Rooker

Coble Trench Safety

7615 South Rail Rd

N. Charleston SC. 29420

843 514-8906 (mobile)

843 735-5130 (Office)

843 735-5131 ( Fax)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shaw, I hope they all belong to Christian churches. That will heighten the surprise they receive from St. Peter.

Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

These sh!theads, Ron, Tom and Randy are not representative of the views of this Roman Catholic.
But take delight when (if, for my Atheist freinds) these clowns do meet St. Peter, they will be placing their eternal fate in the hands of a Middleasterner.
Poetic justice.

rockync said...

I live in North Carolina and I'll tell you what I was doing last night - working at the jail and having a conversation with another nurse who happens to be black about how our society has failed by ignoring the plight of inner city children and discussing how to change that. Both of us are distressed at how our juvenile inmates are getting younger and their crimes more violent.
I challenge anyone to find the humor in that!

Shaw Kenawe said...

rockync, I hope I made it clear that not everyone in those states mentioned are racist, since I have relatives who live in several states in the south who are NOT.

This particular email turned my stomach, and that is why I decided to expose it. The others I receive, I just delete.

Christopher said...

These are curious times, to say the least.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, who track hate groups, their activity has reached a boiling point.

An African American president, the worst economy since the Great Depression courtesy of the failed policies of former president George Bush, and record unemployment, have created a nasty stew of angry Americans, mostly white and straight, who are looking for someone to blame for their woes.

I started to see a glimpse of this last year when I made the decision to support Barack Obama and not the Borg Queen or the Old Coot. I started getting all sorts of hate email from people telling me I was selling femdom down the river and I was a trader to my race. It was fascinating. I've saved a number of the emails and I always say one day I will blog it.

rockync said...

Shaw - you made it clear; I was directing my comment more toward those who think that sort of racist "joke" is funny.

rockync said...

BTW - Coble Trench Safety is a heavy construction company who probably have government contracts.
If you still have the original email, I'd like you to forward it to me so I can bring it to the attention of my representative and ask that they investigate this blatant racism, especially if they are awarding this company contracts.
(I'll send you my email addy.)

bosfll said...

These people truly are the rot of America.

No one denies them the right to attack Obama's policies at all, but they're too stupid and hateful to understand the difference between disagreement with policies and attacking a man--a bi-racial man, and suggestion his mother had sex with an animal.

no one expects any thing better than this from the slime that follows pig-boy limbaugh and the rest of the sick gang that identifies itself with the extremists.

we have to live in a country with these low lifes but it doesn't mean we have to stay silent about the sewerage they pass around the internet.

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

I have family in the south too in Louisiana and Virginia. There are many good, decent and post-racial people in the South. However, there is still a deep vein of racism and intolerance in many of these places.

They represent the brackish end of the Republican party pool but unfortunately for them (and us) the GOP can't win without these clowns. However they are quickly being outnumbered by minority voters--Dems get 3/4 of the minority vote.

And these "minorities" will soon be the majority and if the Republicans don't do something they will lose the Latino vote for generations just like the youth.

The longer they cling to anti-immigrant policies and antiquated views on social issues (gay marriage, pot legalization, minorities) the smaller and smaller the party will get.

In a lot of ways the Republican party has become the party of the white, southern, undereducated, male, Christian and you can't win a modern election with that narrow of support.

Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

The south doesn't own the monopoly on these jokers. Plenty of em right here in the midwest. Plenty of them everywhere I guess, but I don't get out much. Far too busy reading Shaw's Progressive Euptions.

Shaw Kenawe said...

I've got these toxic racists types right here in my neighborhood in Boston. It just happened that the emails I got were signed by people all from the south.