Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

Sincerely Held Religious Beliefs

Sincerely Held Religious Beliefs
(click on image)

Monday, July 6, 2009

SARAH PALIN'S "HIGHER CALLING"


Link to story of this photo.


JUNEAU, Alaska – Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin didn't wait long to give some hint of what her political life might look like after she leaves office at the end of the month.

After staying out of the public eye for most of Saturday, a day after abruptly announcing she would soon give up her job as governor, Palin indicated on a social networking site [Facebook] that she would take on a larger, national role, citing a "higher calling" to unite the country along conservative lines.


A higher calling? What is higher than fulfilling one's obligation to Alaskan voters? Palin asked them for their votes; and 2 1/2 years after they gave them to her, she dumps them? For a "higher calling?"

Many people on the right mockingly refer to President Obama as "The One" and "The Messiah." Imagine what names they'd use against him had he ever cited a "higher calling" to unite the country along political lines?

Messianic complex anyone?

Palin said she believed she'd beat Obama in a marathon. Maybe. But she sure beats Obama in the Messianic complex catagory.


If the Right calls Mr. Obama "The One," then surely Ms. Palin deserves the title "The Oneness" for her dreams of uniting the conservatives in the GOP.

"I am now looking ahead and how we can advance this country together with our values of less government intervention, greater energy independence, stronger national security, and much-needed fiscal restraint," the former Republican vice presidential candidate wrote in a posting on her Facebook page. Palin's spokeswoman, Meghan Stapleton, confirmed Palin wrote the entry.

We are all looking ahead to see how "The Oneness" accomplishes this as she rakes in the $$$$$ from speaking fees and book deals.

SARAH PALIN IN HER OWN WORDS, SPEAKING ABOUT WOMEN WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT BEING CRITICIZED [too bad she didn't heed her own advice]:

Since announcing that she would resign as governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin (R) has been blaming her decision on the “main stream media” and political operatives who accused her of “all sorts of frivolous ethics violations.” However, last year, Palin pointedly criticized Hillary Clinton during the presidential election for complaining about “excess criticism” and being put under “a sharper microscope”:

PALIN: When I hear a statement like that coming from a woman candidate with any kind of perceived whine about that excess criticism or you know maybe a sharper microscope put on her, I think, “Man that doesn’t do us any good — women in politics, women in general wanting to progress this country.” I don’t think it bodes well for her, a statement like that. Because, again, fair or unfair, it is there, I think that’s reality, and I think it’s a given. I think people can just accept that she is going to be under the sharper microscope. So be it. I mean, work harder, prove yourself to an even greater degree that you’re capable, that you’re going to be the best candidate, and that of course is what she wants us to believe at this point.

h/t ThinkProgress

WORK HARDER does not mean QUIT.


153 comments:

Jackie Oh said...

Sorrry to say this honey but I think you are sinking pretty low to write this one. To call Palin "Valley Trash" because they call Obama "The Messiah." just don't cut it.

But hey, it's your blog and if you want to look silly, go to it. But I got to say, you are sinking pretty low with that call.
Attacking a "public figure" the established elitist morons, err... politicians will just have to eat their own, be they left, right or center - however, Mrs. Palin is free to join the speaking tour throughout this once-great nation to touch those who believe it can once-again be greater than the progressive paradigm.
And no one should stop her. There's time enough for that if she gets to run.
I'm an Independent who happens to think that Mr. Obama has it all wrong and is not good for America. However I also feel that
Republican leaders are stuck in a time warp. They think running for President is a right. It's not. It's a privilege to be earned and just because you've been in the party as a senator or congressman doesn't mean you have that right OR privilege. It has to be earned working for America and Americans. I cringed at Bob Dole, wondered what the heck with W and almost cried over McCain. If they think Romney can pull a rabbit out of his hat, no, think again. It has to be Sarah or someone like her who talks the talk and walks the walk. And we'll be walking right beside her. I pray she plans to run for president again - never have we needed someone like her more. She has not been given a fair shake. Those talk-show freaks who enjoy getting a laugh at her expense are idiots as well. As are the MSM that took her comments and twisted them to make her sound as bad as the idiots like Katie Couric and Charlie Gibson that interviewed her.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Dear Jacki Oh,

I did not call Ms. Palin "Valley Trash."

Ms. Palin IS PROUDLY WEARING A TEE-SHIRT WITH THAT STATEMENT ON IT.

Again, it is Ms. Palin who is freely associating herself with that phrase, NOT I.

As for your statement that Ms. Palin hasn't been given a fair shake, I disagree.

What I believe your really mean is that it is not fair for the media to criticize her.

Again, as has been said here and elsewhere, Ms. Palin should take Hillary Clinton as a role model.

Secretary Clinton was bashed and bashed again, called the most vile names, ACCUSED OF MURDER, DEALING IN COCAIN, etc. Her young daughter publicly trashed and made fun of by comedians, senators, radio talk show hosts.

She withstood it all with courage, dignity, and tenacity.

You statements about the MSM twisting her comments is also off the mark.

Ms. Palin's incoherent interviews with Coric and Gibson are what made people look a bit harder at her and decide that she didn't have the intellectual depth nor curiosity to make it in national politics.

Everyone needs a hero or heroine, and the conservative base has one in Ms. Palin.

The rest of the country just doesn't see her the way her admirers do, but that doesn't make us all villains.

You need to remember how hated and vilified Hillary Clinton was, and still is by the conservatives and understand that strong women can rise above it all and succeed.

TAO said...

Its funny that in a country that prides itself on being a land where the hard working and the best and brightest can succeed we also have a total distrust of the 'elites' and such an obvious strain of anti-intellectualism.

While we take great pride in supporting our troops we trash a decorated war veteran like John Kerry.

Now we have the conservatives lambasting liberals for ridiculing Sarah Palin for being a woman and yet they did the same thing to Hillary Clinton.

Then to see a picture of Sarah Palin proudly wearing a shirt calling herself "Valley Trash" and then critcizing Shaw for the photo....

Thats deflection and denial at its worse...

It also makes one realize that alot of the conservative hatred of Barack Obama is because he is an intelligent black man....

With 'intelligent' being his biggest sin....

Jackie Oh said...

Before you rake me over the fire, for "criticizing Shaw for the photo."

I thought thta Shw Photo Shoped the picture.

Sorry if I offended either of you sensitive people.

As for Hillary Clinton? Well I won't even go in to that. That's for another day and another 1,000 words.

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

One of the things Sarah Palin mentioned in her reasons for quitting her duties as Gov. was that the media was focusing too much on her. Yet remember what she said about Hillary Clinton when she said the same things?

http://bit.ly/GJFNo

Here is the section I found most ironic:

"but when I hear a statement like that coming from a woman candidate with any kind of perceived whine about that excess criticism or you know maybe a sharper microscope put on her, I think, 'man that doesn't do us any good' -- women in politics, women in general wanting to progress this country, I don't think it bodes well for her, a statement like that. Because, again, fair or unfair, it is there, I think that's reality, and I think it's a given. I think people can just accept that she is going to be under the sharper microscope. So be it. I mean, work harder, prove yourself to an even greater degree that you're capable, that you're going to be the best candidate, and that of course is what she wants us to believe at this point. So it bothers me a little bit hearing her bring that attention to herself on that level."

TAO said...

Why not click on the link in red and in bold under the picture that says, "Link to story of this photo" rather than assume that Shaw altered this photo for her/his own purposes?

Personally I am no fan of Hillary Clinton...

But to always assume a biased, distorted, or inaccurate story whenever you run into something that goes against your personal beliefs is not a sign of some mainstream media ploy....

Shaw maybe a liberal but he/she does her homework and is pretty factual....trouble is sometimes reality is so absurd that one wishes it had been 'photoshopped'

Gordon said...

Hey, Shaw, nice to see you back. I'm sure you're not at full power yet, so my offer still stands; let me know.

But as loudly as you squawk, you're not going to convince anyone that Sarah Palin has a bigger messianic complex than Barack Obama!

Gordon said...

Oh, and it was nice to see that you didn't jump on the bandwagon of liberal bloggers who threw out the baseless allegations about a federal investigation. I've always admired how you try hard to back up your claims.

dmarks said...

I also assumed that Shaw, or more likely another, had photoshopped the T shirt photo. But I didn't think it was a big deal, as it wasn't sexist or anything. No big deal.

dmarks said...

Jackie: Do you have a blog to attach to your ID? I clicked on your name and got caught in an unreadable Myspace page that had animated stuff flickering all over it.

Arthurstone said...

I'm astonished anyone would for one second believe this wasn't a legit photo of the former Governor of Alaska. She will demagogue this entire outsider vs. 'Washington' and the 'MSM' bit for as long as it plays. And my guess is that will be a good, long while.

This victimhood business has legs. Ask Senator Cornyn.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6515263.html

The 'woe is us', 'America is gone to hell in a hand basket crowd' is nothing if not persistent.

TAO said...

dmarks,

I cannot believe that YOU would assume anything of that nature....

Especially since under the photo it clearly states in big read letters "link to story about this photo"

Hmm...appears even you assume things and jump to conclusions...

Jackie Oh said...

dmarks said...
"I also assumed that Shaw, or more likely another, had photoshopped the T shirt photo. But I didn't think it was a big deal, as it wasn't sexist or anything. No big deal."

I didn't think it was a big deal either, but everyone jumped down on me as it I did.
For crying out loud, stop being so darn sensitive. I thought she did it as a joke NOT to "alter" anything!

Frank The Thinking Man, said...

"Proud to be Valley Trash!" This headline is a reference to the Governor's hometown of Wasilla, AK. Gov. Palin apparently was seen wearing a T-shirt with this slogan on it. I am not so sure why she was wearing the T-Shirt but I think it has something to do with Wasilla's upscale mostly white population living outside of Anchorage. The Wasilla Chamber of Commerce features the fact that the town has one of the most educated populations in the country. That generally means to me the town is a hoity toity suburb enclave of the state's power elite (which may or may not be true). There is also a beer called Valley Trash Blonde Ale. This only national significance to this story is that it will be a hook to claim Gov. Palin is out-of-touch with real America as is John McCain, because she lives in an isolated elite community that pretends they are middle class like everyone else.

dmarks said...

Tao: I skipped over the link, obviously!

"Hmm...appears even you assume things and jump to conclusions..."

Read my comment. My "conclusion" was not a big deal, and I would not have mentioned it if the mis-attribution of the photo had not already become an issue. And if I had decided to comment that it was an unfair photoshop or something, I would have looked again and found the link.

Christopher said...

Shaw,

You know when the Wasilla Hillbilly gets dissed by Turd Blossom, AKA, Karl Rove, and when FOX News' resident shrew, Liz Trotta slams McCandy as, "inarticulate and undereducated," and goes onto say, McCandy used her "looks and her gender to get ahead in the world of politics," things in GOPer-land aren't looking very good for Palin.

But, it even got worse over the weekend when McCandy had her lawyer send out a bizarre and unconstitutional threat letter (I blogged it yesterday if you stop by you can read the link to the actual letter) threatening the mainstream media and bloggers if they dare speculate that the Palins are the target of a Federal embezzlement investigation.

If McCandy thought by abandoning her constituents so she could focus on 2012, then she's even dumber than I thought. At the rate she's burning bridges, she and Todd (the sperm donor hubby with no visible means of support) will be lucky if they're not run clear out of Wasilla by angry mobs.

Jackie Oh said...

Liberals hate regular people because they want to feel above average, and to escape the drudgery of their sad boring lives. Give em hell Sarah. They deserve it.

Grace said...

Let me explain Christopher since you are obviously a little thick. Sarah goes around a promotes her book. Sarah gets rich on that, and speaking fees. Sarah then plows into the 2010 election by going around helping repugs get elected. Moderate repugs in tight states will particularly appreciate her with turning out the base. Repubs should do well in the mid term in the House, particularly, and she gets owed a lot of capital.

At the same time, she repeatedly kicks Obama in the balls for his stupid ineffective and pork laden bailouts, his unemployment problems, his lack of an actual energy plan that uses safe drilling and safe nuclear, and his tendency to run around the world kiss the asses of tyrants and anti-americans. Obama is tanking at this point, and blaming Bush no longer seems to work.

dmarks said...

Safe nuclear? No, I won't bash Obama for failing to push something that does not exist. They still haven't found a safe way to dispose of the waste

Christopher said...

"Liberals hate regular people because they want to feel above average, and to escape the drudgery of their sad boring lives."

Actually, this is precisely what George Bush did. His "aw shucks, y'all" shtick made dumb conservatives feel brilliant.

Christopher said...

Grace/Julie, don't attempt fiction writing because it's no way for you to elevate yourself beyond your day job at Dairy Queen.

libhom said...

Gordon: Obama has many faults, but a messiah complex certainly is not one of them. That was one of the silliest talking points of Hillary Clinton's campaign, and I'm amazed anyone takes it seriously.

dmarks said...

I think Presidents often have a little bit of a messiah complex. They can get full of themselves as leaders. It's easy for them to do. I think Obama has a bit of one, but not much different from Bush (the second), Reagan, or Clinton.

Not so much Carter or the first Bush.

Christopher said...

It's stunning to see people (usually women, oddly enough) gush sympathy for someone who made rape victims in Alaska pay for their own rape kits.

I know sisterhood is powerful and blah, blah, blah, but I had no idea sisterhood could turn you into a blithering lemming.

Gordon said...

Seems that some just can't stop repeating lies that were disproven months and months ago. This says more about the purveyors of these lies than it does about Palin.

Palin never proposed to or made anyone pay for a rape kit.

LibHom,
All you have to do is see the imagery surrounding the campaign and now the White House to see it; all you have to do is listen to his repeated "I" this and "I" that in speeches and press conferences to hear it.

Oh, and the "Valley Trash" issue: I saw that photo months ago. Wasilla residents are sometimes called "valley trash" by Anchorage residents, and it ain't because Wasilla is an elite bedroom community. It's another way of saying, "they're from across the tracks."

Wasilla residents produced the T-shirt as a response to the slurs, the same way that gays adopted "queer" as a way of showing pride.

dmarks said...

Gordon said: "Palin never proposed to or made anyone pay for a rape kit."

True. That's just another old hoax.

beadazzzle said...

Christopher said...

"Liberals hate regular people because they want to feel above average, and to escape the drudgery of their sad boring lives."

Actually, this is precisely what George Bush did. His "aw shucks, y'all" shtick made dumb conservatives feel brilliant.


____________________________

Hey GirlFrie3nd.
News Flash
Bush is out of office, ya don't have him to push around anymore...
Tee. hee

Christopher said...

McCandy just got hit with another ethics complaint.

What is this? Number 15 or 16? I've lost count at this point.

But the facts are clear. Palin was required to reimbursed the state for more than $8,100 in costs associated with trips taken by her children.

Zane Henning, a conservative government watchdog from the governor's hometown of Wasilla and an oilfield worker on Alaska's North Slope, asserts in a letter to Alaska Attorney General Daniel S. Sullivan that Palin has "been charging and pocketing per diem to live in her home and has used the process for a personal gain since being elected."

Christopher said...

FACT:

Sarah Palin, during her brief stint as mayor of that Meth-infested shithole called Wasilla, started charging rape victims or their insurers for hospital emergency-room rape kits and examinations.

FACT:

The policy so outraged the Alaska Legislature that in 2000 it passed unanimously a bill forbidding such fees. Palin has never explained why, under her leadership, the town stopped picking up the cost of the swabs, specimen containers, and tests.

FACT:

After the Alaska Legislature banned the fees, Palin's handpicked police chief, Charlie Fannon, complained that the state's action would force the town to spend $5,000 to $14,000 a year to cover the costs. "I just don't want to see any more burden put on the taxpayer," Fannon said.

FACT:

The policy on rape kits may have had less to do with easing the burden on taxpayers and more to do with Palin's position on abortion. She has said she opposes it even in cases of rape or incest.

Anonymous said...

The story of Palin making rape victims pay for their rape kits is only HALF TRUE:

From St. petersburg Times pulitzer prize winning PolitiFact.com:

The Palin 'rape kit' controversy

By Bill Adair
Published on Monday, September 22nd, 2008 at 6:29 p.m.

SUMMARY: Bloggers contend Palin supported a city policy that charged sexual assault victims for forensic exams. We find the truth is murky.

As bloggers have scrutinized every aspect of Sarah Palin’s record as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, many of them have criticized a city policy that sought reimbursement for forensic exams from victims of sexual assaults. The bloggers contend Palin supported the policy and have criticized her for allegedly being insensitive toward rape victims.

To check out their allegations, we examined documents from the city and the Alaska Legislature and interviewed people in Wasilla, advocates for sexual assault victims and a former state legislator. We found the truth is murky. Although Wasilla had such a “rape kit” policy while Palin was mayor, there is no evidence that she explicitly endorsed the policy. But nor have we found any evidence that she opposed it.
[skip]
Fannon could not be reached for comment. His phone number has been disconnected. City officials, who have been swamped with calls and public records requests about Palin, referred PolitiFact to items on the city Web site. (They've gotten so many requests they created a page of Questions & Answers Concerning Former Mayor Palin. But those documents provide an incomplete picture because some don’t include details prior to 2000, when Wasilla had the policy.

There’s no evidence that Palin ever commented on the rape kit policy. Bloggers and other critics contend that she must have known about it because she approved the city budget.

“If she was against charging for the rape kit, as mayor she could have made the decision not to charge for the rape kit,” Andrew Halcro, a Republican who co-sponsored the bill when he was a state legislator, said in an interview. He ran for governor as an independent in 2006 but was defeated by Palin.

City documents are inconclusive. The budget documents we reviewed were signed by Palin but don’t explicitly mention the policy.

In response to recent criticism, the McCain-Palin campaign said in a statement that Palin “does not believe, nor has she ever believed, that rape victims should have to pay for an evidence gathering test."

Yet the campaign has not provided any evidence that Palin ever opposed the policy.

So where does that leave us?

Wasilla clearly had the policy. Bloggers have portrayed it as a heartless rule seeking money from rape victims, but they have neglected to mention that the policy seems to have been aimed more at getting money from insurance companies than from victims.

We can’t find that Palin ever commented on the policy, pro or con. But as mayor, she indirectly endorsed it by approving city budgets that relied on the revenue. So we find the bloggers' charge to be Half True.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/sep/22/palin-rape-kit-controversy/

Helen of Troy New York said...

David Brooks in the New york times:

The old dignity code has not survived modern life. The costs of its demise are there for all to see. Every week there are new scandals featuring people who simply do not know how to act. For example, during the first few weeks of summer, three stories have dominated public conversation, and each one exemplifies another branch of indignity.

First, there was Mark Sanford’s press conference. Here was a guy utterly lacking in any sense of reticence, who was given to rambling self-exposure even in his moment of disgrace. Then there was the death of Michael Jackson and the discussion of his life. Here was a guy who was apparently untouched by any pressure to live according to the rules and restraints of adulthood. Then there was Sarah Palin’s press conference. Here was a woman who aspires to a high public role but is unfamiliar with the traits of equipoise and constancy, which are the sources of authority and trust.

In each of these events, one sees people who simply have no social norms to guide them as they try to navigate the currents of their own passions.

Americans still admire dignity. But the word has become unmoored from any larger set of rules or ethical system.

But it’s not right to end on a note of cultural pessimism because there is the fact of President Obama. Whatever policy differences people may have with him, we can all agree that he exemplifies reticence, dispassion and the other traits associated with dignity. The cultural effects of his presidency are not yet clear, but they may surpass his policy impact. He may revitalize the concept of dignity for a new generation and embody a new set of rules for self-mastery.

beadazzzle said...

Dear, dear, dear! Now, Girlfriend, calling a town in Alaska a "shithole called Wasilla"
Is not nice.
If I called the Kanyadhiang village of Kenya a SHITHOLE you would get your panties all wadded up and you know it.
So take a drink of your lemon Iced tea and be nice..
By the way, you wouldn't be Christopher Lowell that famous interior decorator would you?

Christopher said...

The rape kit policy so outraged the conservative Alaska Legislature that in 2000 it passed unanimously a bill forbidding such fees -- a clear slap across McCandy's face.

Palin has never explained why, under her leadership, the town stopped picking up the cost of the swabs, specimen containers, and tests.

When your own state legislature pushes back against you -- hard, the best thing for you to do is keep quiet and pretend it never happened.

beadazzzle said...

And another thing Girlfriend, we are supposed to be on our best behavior while on this site as was asked by Shaw, and you my Sweetie ate not living up to that standard..


There are many people who have opinions different than my own but I respect them because they don't make others wrong or pick on those who have different opinions.
There is a huge difference between those who are outspoken and those who act like assclowns.

Oh well, call me old fashioned... but I love a man who is comfortable in his OWN skin.

Christopher said...

The Washington Post broke the now infamous story about McCandy charging the state of Alaska almost $17,000 for meals and incidentals while staying in her own home!

Palin billed the state for 312 nights spent in her Wasilla home during her first 19 months in office, according to the Washington Post.

But until the legislature stepped in and slapped her across her face, victims of rape in that Meth-infested shitehole called Wasilla were billed for their own rape kit!

Christopher said...

Troopergate
Trig-gate
Bristol-gate
Affair-gate
Private Jet-gate
Banned Books-gate
Saks Fifth Avenue-gate
Rape kit-gate
Uncle-gate
Wasilla Sports Complex-gate
Commute-gate

McCandy must've had a sled named "Gate" as a youngster growing up in Alaska.

dmarks said...

Troopergate was Palin working to remove a drunk, thuggish police officer from the force. Good for her.


Bedazzle said about Bush: "His "aw shucks, y'all" shtick"

Do you have a link to a transcript or video or sound file where he actually said this? Or anything close? Or did you just make this up on the spot? It's probably the latter. But I call your bluff. Go ahead and provide the quote.

Shaw Kenawe said...

dmarks,

I'm jumping in here re the schtick comment you commented on. Here's the definition of schtick:

schtick - (Yiddish) a contrived and often used bit of business that a performer uses to steal attention; "play it straight with no shtik"

I'm guessing that bedazzle is talking about Bush's contrivance as a cowboy, when in actuality he was born a blue-blue Yankee in Connecticut and educated at blue-blood Yankee schools, Yale and Harvard.

He also never rode a horse. Never.

Hard to envision a cowboy who never rode a horse. Reagan could, Bush never did.

I don't think bedazzle was going for actual quotes, but just pointing out that GWB liked to play up his role as a cowboy, even though it was somewhat dubious.

Christopher said...

I'll defer to the great Eugene Robinson, the Pulitzer Prize winning newspaper columnist, author and former managing editor for the Washington Post:

You can say that all of us who ever took Sarah Palin seriously -- or pretended to take her seriously -- should be deeply ashamed. And you can say that John McCain should publicly apologize for putting the nation he loves at risk by choosing Palin as his running mate. Imagining Palin within a heartbeat of the presidency should be enough to make even die-hard Republicans shudder.

He goes on:

The reasons she gave for stepping down are not just contrived or implausible but literally nonsensical. She can most effectively serve the people of Alaska by ceasing to exercise the powers of chief executive? She worries that as a lame duck she would somehow be compelled to waste taxpayer money on useless junkets? In her "Don't Cry For Me, Alaska" news conference announcing her departure, the folksy non sequiturs -- "Only dead fish go with the flow" -- were like nuggets of Cartesian logic amid a tub of mush.

Gordon said...

And here's a chance for you, Shaw, to provide the evidence. GWB, while he may have been born in the northeast and gone to Yale and Harvard, grew up in Midland, Texas. Now for you eastern elites, Midland is not a cowboy town. It's an oil town. Folks from Midland don't herd cattle.

Now GWB does talk like a Texan, because he is one. But Texas is a big state, and it has cattle country, the oil patches, and even farms. Lots of Texans wear western hats, because they work; they keep the sun off your face and neck. This does not mean everyone who wears a western hat thinks he's a cowboy.

So let's have the evidence--you know, a speech where GWB said, "I'm a cowboy, y'all."

And since when do you have a problem with blue-blood Yankee schools? Or is it just with Republicans who happen to have attended them?

Christopher said...

"He also never rode a horse. Never."

Shaw,

Absolutely, 100% correct. George W. Bush was afraid of horses. He talked like a Texas Hee Haw and even claimed he and Pickles owned a ranch in Crawford, TX (it was actually a former pig farm that is said to reek of methane on hot days), but he's a wuss, a northeast pissy-boy.

Former Mexican President Vicente Fox derided his political friend as a "windshield cowboy" – a cowboy who prefers to drive.

He recalled a meeting in Mexico shortly after both men had been elected when Fox offered Bush a ride on a "big palomino" horse.

Fox, recalled Mr Bush "backing away" from the animal.

"A horse lover can always tell when others don't share our passion," he said, according to the Washington Post.

The property had no horses and only five cattle -- a stunt people in Texas use to receive what's called an "ag exemption," and reduced their property tax bill.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Gordon, you know how we working class Northeastern "elites" [whose fathers were union men] love to go after George Dubya Bush. Why are you surprised?

Yes, I'm aware of his Midland Texas boyhood, and I know that all Texans are not cowboys--I have family in Plano, and those once effete easterners are not cowboys either.

But Mr. Bush did say he wanted Osama bin Laden "Dead or Alive," and that most definitely is not something a pusillanimous brie-eating, chardonnay sipping northeasterner would say.

"I want justice. And there's an old poster out West, I recall, that says, "Wanted: Dead or Alive"."*

* Referring to Osama Bin Ladin after the 9/11 attack.

That'd be cowboy talk!

And this about Messianic beliefs:

"I've heard the call. I believe God wants me to run for President.

* As recalled by minister James Robison in a telephone conversation with Bush, and first reported in the book The Faith of George W. Bush (2004) by Stephen Mansfield."

Now Ms. Palin's belief that she's answering a "higher calling" by resigning the governorship?

Find me a quote by Mr. Obama where he says God believes he should be president or that by running for president he's answering a "higher calling."

If you can't, then my claim that Ms. Palin has a Messianic belief about herself stands. It certainly is true about Mr. Bush, as his own statement proves.

Christopher said...

The saying goes, "Sane people talk to God, but insane people say God talks to them."

This is certainly true of George W. Bush.

Bush told two high-ranking Palestinian officials that he had been told by God to invade Afghanistan and Iraq and then create a Palestinian state to bring peace to the Middle East, they recall during a documentary on Middle East peace that airs next week in Britain.

"President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God,' " said Nabil Shaath, who was the Palestinian foreign minister at the time of a top-level meeting with Bush in June 2003. Mahmoud Abbas, then Palestinian prime minister and now the Palestinian Authority president, was also present for the conversation with Bush.

"God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq ...' And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God I'm gonna do it," Shaath quotes the president as saying in the three-part series.

I guess we should all count our blessing that God didn't tell him to fire off a "nu-qu-lawr" missile at Moscow or Beijing, or might not be sitting here today.

James' Muse said...

Palin did remind me of a female version of Bush II: plain 'ole english without regard to grammar, and a bit of a messianic complex in believing they were called to whatever position to save us from whatever.

James' Muse said...

She was honestly the reason I think McCain lost.

Had he stood up to the GOP and picked his own running mate, instead of having them choose, he might have had my respect. But when he backed down, I realized his "Country First" slogan was BS.

Gordon said...

"And there's an old poster out West, I recall, that says, "Wanted: Dead or Alive"."*

That'd be cowboy talk!


Oh yeah, and Jon Bon Jovi thinks he's a cowboy, also. While we're at it, President Obama thinks he's a professional basketball player, because he said, "I like to work the refs." And Rahm Emanuel thinks he's a mafia don, because he likes to sprinkle his tough talk with The Godfather quotes.

You have some strange ideas about who and what cowboys are like, in any case. Try spending some time out on a ranch, and it might help.

As for messianic callings, well, then every nun and priest who claim a vocation has one, by your standards. That's a whole lot of messiahs out there, eh? For that matter, the preamble of the constitution suggests that the whole country does.

Oh, and James: McCain's aides have made it pretty clear that Palin was his choice, and not theirs. As for the big spooky GOP forcing him to pick her, well, the big spooky GOP has not had a whole lot of success in forcing McCain to do anything. Would that they could.

dmarks said...

Christopher said: " fire off a "nu-qu-lawr" missile"

Our best-qualified nuclear president (the only one who was an actual nuclear engineer) pronounced it this way too.

James' Muse said...

The GOP did say they wouldn't back him if he chose Lieberman.

TRUTH 101 said...

C'mon Brothers and Sisters. Especially you Christopher. Quit picking on President Bush. For your information, I was also told by God to blog. He picked Truth Shall Rule, in reference to His grand Kingdom, as the blog name. And Truth 101 wan't available. God is also polite and believes in first come, first served. He also commanded me not to ride horses or an unmentionable breed of dog with an odd color for a dog.

Supporting gay marriage, getting out of Iraq, Unions, single payer health care and Shaw's Progressive Eruptions were my ideas.


So if God can tell a small time union dude and political hack to blog, He can most certainly tell Sarah Palin to resign as Governor. God bless America.

Christopher said...

"Our best-qualified nuclear president (the only one who was an actual nuclear engineer) pronounced it this way too."

So? I don't care if Jesus Christ pronounced it that way, it's still incorrect.

It's "nu-clear." Not, "nu-qu-lawr."

Gordon said...

Try "NOO-klee-er," there, Mr. Webster.

chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie's Jewels said...

Gordon said...
Wasilla residents produced the T-shirt as a response to the slurs, the same way that gays adopted "queer" as a way of showing pride.


How come Christopher didn't know that?

Conservatives Report said...

You’re happy that she quitting the Governorship, breaking her commitment to the people of Alaska, to pursue political ambitions and campaign. She would have had PLENTY of time to do that after her term was up. Again, you all beat Arlen Spector to death because he took actions that were for purely for political reasons. I guess it’s OK do do that if the political reasons are to your liking. Some display of ethics there

Christopher said...

"How come Christopher didn't know that?"

Why would I know what residents of Wasilla are doing, Jules?

dmarks said...

Christopher: Pssst. Go to Merriam-Webster Online. Look up nuclear. Turns out that the Bush/Carter pronunciation is also correct.

TRUTH 101 said...

I merely pointed out that if God could tell me to blog then it is certainly in the realm of possibility He told Sarah to resign Conservative Dude. Why do you question God's will?

Shaw Kenawe said...

Conservative Report said:

"You’re happy that she quitting the Governorship, breaking her commitment to the people of Alaska, to pursue political ambitions and campaign. She would have had PLENTY of time to do that after her term was up."

ShawKenawe replied: That's correct, so why did she quit and break her obligation to the Alaska voters who gave her their votes?

Happy? No. Perplexed at her decision to quit.


Conservative Report said: "Again, you all beat Arlen Spector to death because he took actions that were for purely for political reasons. I guess it’s OK do do that if the political reasons are to your liking. Some display of ethics there"

I'm not sure what you mean in your Spector example, or who "you all" refers to. Personally, I don't recall beating Spector to death over his decision to return to the Democratic Party.

Ethics have nothing to do with criticizing Ms. Palin for her decision to quit her job as governor when she said in her resignation speech:

"...but that's the worthless, easy path; that's a quitter's way out."

And then she quit.

***************************

Gordon, you're changing the subject.

We're NOT talking about Bon Jovi or nuns or priests.

I asked you, if you could, to please give me an example of Mr. Obama saying he was instructed by God to seek the presidency, as GWB did and which is an example of Messianic ideas. Or where Mr. Obama said he had a "higher calling" (Palin's words) when he was Senator and sought the presidency.

I've heard people on the Right claim Mr. Obama thinks he's the Messiah, but the fact is that Ms. Palin and Mr. Bush are the ones who use messianic language to describe their reasons for seeking political office.

If you can find a quote by Mr. Obama that is messianic, like Bush's and Palin's, I'd like to read it.

Until then your claim that Mr. Obama has a messianic complex can't be taken seriously. But it can be taken as simply anti-Obama rhetoric.

BTW, I didn't get your preamble reference. IIRC, there's nothing in the preamble about messiahs.

Christopher said...

dmarks,

Pssssssst. Have you really been reduced to arguing over the correct pronunciation of "nuclear?"

Dude, that's just sad. Seriously, get a life.

Christopher said...

Truth,

If you're honestly saying God "told" you to blog, then it's not God's will I question: it's your sanity.

Gordon said...

No, Shaw, I didn't change the subject. I pointed out that your example of "cowboy talk" didn't stand up to scrutiny. Then I pointed out that your suggestion of messianic behavior on the part of Palin didn't hold up well, either.

Unless, of course, you want to ascribe such psychology to the first lady. After all, she exhorted college graduates to eschew the corporate world for public service. If she didn't use the words "higher calling", she used words to that effect.

See, what you're actually doing is trying to conflate religious words and motives with a messianic complex of behavior. If just using Christian language or saying you felt a call is messianic, then virtually all of us are; and the tag becomes meaningless.

But the messianic complex is exhibited by behavior, as well as language. And it's President Obama's behavior that leads observers to conclude that he does, in fact, have such a complex.

TRUTH 101 said...

Actually Christopher, I was just trying to stay in the mix. I could not give an ounce of pitbull crap about Sarah Palin's goofy ideas and strategies. The circus surrounding Michael Jackson's death will have a bigger lasting impact on us than anything Sarah Palin will do. She was thrust into the spotlight because John McCain made a bad decision. Despite what anyone says though, he would have lost anyway. Her resignation will hopefully, mercifully, rid us of the soap opera that has become her life.

Arthurstone said...

Um.

The phrase 'higher calling' is not itself in any way Messianic. To me it merely suggests employing an altruistic motive. Indeed, to increase the desire to look outside of one's self and make an effort on behalf of others and one's community.

When 'god' tells you to run for president that's a whole other kettle of fish.

dmarks said...

Christopher recent comment: "Have you really been reduced to arguing over the correct pronunciation of "nuclear?"Dude, that's just sad. Seriously, get a life."

Christopher, earlier comment: "So? I don't care if Jesus Christ pronounced it that way, it's still incorrect. It's "nu-clear." Not, "nu-qu-lawr.""

--------------------
It's nice when commenters have conversations with themselves.

dmarks said...

Truth: "Despite what anyone says though, he would have lost anyway"

Yes, McCain's campaign was not near as well organized (no Axelrod), and McCain is somewhat of a tired old man, especially compared to Obama. These factors are much more the reason that McCain lost, rather than a landslide rejection of ideas.

It's not hard to guess that the younger McCain of 2000 would have done a few points better in the popular vote against Obama. And there goes Obama's victory margin.

TREXPRESS said...

Sorry folks, but he's not my messiah. I am sick of Obama's "message of hope"...I hope people stop dying in the desert...I hope soldiers stop dying in Iraq...I hope a full blown depression doesn't happen...I hope senior citizens don't have to choose between food and medicine. Does anyone really think this silly message has any guts behind it? If we really want serious solutions, as voters we need to take a long look at what Obama really wants. These issues are much too serious to take lightly.
Beware the politician with too much charisma. Don't forget that Kennedy was responsible for our first overt actions in Vietnam. This was an illegal undeclared war - as is our current 'conflict'.

If you look past Obama's great speaking skills you will see that he is just another US imperialist.

Right Is Right said...

We see certain gay men and Sarah Palin–as if they need her to vent whatever it is they have to vent about the female sex.
With the vicious intensity of the attacks on Sarah Palin continuing (and perhaps even increasing in intensity) since she lost her bid for the Vice Presidency, we see the rhetorical equivalent of sour groups coming from the liberal side. A good number of people that I’ve encountered, I have found gay men of all political persuasions to be as nasty about Sarah Palin as Democrats and MSM were during the campaign.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Gordon,

Other than your dislike of Mr. Obama and all he represents, can you give us the evidence from which you deduce that he has a messianic complex?

I would like to know your background and degrees in psychology, psychiatry, etc., so that I can understand what diagnostic tools you have used for labeling someone you've never met as having a psychological condition.

I'll concede that Ms. Palin's use of "higher calling" isn't proof positive of having this complex, but she did say that after resigning from the governorship, she wanted to:

"...work for and campaign for those PROUD to be American, and those who are INSPIRED by our ideals and won't deride them."

How will Ms. Palin determine who is or who isn't "PROUD to be American?" Does she have some exclusive "PROUD to be American check list that she will use to examine candidates in order to determine their level of American PRIDE?

How will she know who is or isn't inspired by "our ideals" and who doesn't "deride" them? How does one "deride" our American ideals? I assume she means life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and what candidate is against those "ideals?" How will she discover any of this? Whose standard will she use? Her own?

That seems a tad arrogant and snobby to moi. Passing judgement on who is or isn't a "PROUD" American seems, well, messianic to me--doesn't god judge who is or isn't worthy of his good grace?

Palin also wrote and said: "I WILL support others who seek to serve, in or out of office, for the RIGHT reasons, and I don't care what party they're in or no party at all. Inside Alaska - or Outside Alaska."

Whose definition of "RIGHT reasons" will Ms. Palin use to determine whether or not candidates deserve her support? Like her above statement, she doesn't elaborate on anything, but merely throws out catch words and phrases that are essentially meaningless because she doesn't qualify "PROUD" nor "RIGHT reasons."

It appears she will be the ultimate abitrator or "higher authority" of which candidates are "PROUD" Americans and which will be campaigning for the "RIGHT reasons." [BTW, That is Ms. Palin's capitalization style taken directly from the speech on her Governor's website, not mine.]

Palin continues:

"I've never believed that I, nor anyone else, needs a title to do this - to make a difference... to HELP people. So I choose, for my State and my family, more "freedom" to progress, all the way around... so that Alaska may progress.."

Okay, here's is where she is saying what a lot of candidates say--that THEY will make a difference [agains, she states no specifics here, only cliches], and why the quotes around "freedom?" And she wants to HELP people. Help them do what? Win elections? But she's stated she will only help those people who are "PROUD" Americans and those people who will seek office for the "RIGHT" reasons.

For a woman who was a mayor of a village and who left it millions of dollars in debt, for a woman who cut her losses and ran away from her responsibilities to the voters of her state, all of the above sounds pretty damn egotistical AND messianic to me.

Christopher said...

The top three theories on why Sarah Palin resigned as Alaska governor come down to:

1. she wants to focus on a possible 2012 presidential run
2. she and Todd are the focus of a Federal embezzlement target
3. she’s tired of the spotlight and wants to stay home to kill animals

If her intent is to run for president in 2012, Palin may want to take heed of the latest USA Today/Gallup poll conducted July 6, 2009.

A staggering fifty-four percent of Americans say they are not likely at all to vote for her if she runs for president.

Christopher said...

Right is Wrong,

Are you one of the 6 or 7 former PUMA loons who orbited the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York demanding CBS fire David Letterman?

Christopher said...

"It's nice when commenters have conversations with themselves."

ROFL! Dmarks oozing word salad again.

No wonder you identify with Sarah Palin. Gibberish begets gibberish.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Maureen Dowd gets too snarky, even for me. But she does capture the essence of Sarah Palin in this column:

"Dear Diary,

No one understands me. It’s like I’m speaking some Eskimo dialect or something. Andrea Mitchell follows me all the way to Kanakanak Beach and I geta French manicure and set up this huge photo op for her, even though she spooked the salmon.

Todd and me are in our cool fishing bibs. Piper’s helping out on the boat. It’s an amazing day that shows how our Creator favored my beloved Alaska, gatekeeper of the continent, and makes a great shot for all the network reporters up here to milk. This progresses me away from my image as some kind of flaky “rogue diva” and back to my image as a tough huntin’ and fishin’ gal.

But Andrea makes such a darn big deal about how I’m quitting in the middle of my term.

“You’re not listening to me!” I snap.

She says maybe I didn’t want to go back to the nitty-gritty of Alaska politics after the bright lights of the national campaign.

“The nitty-gritty, like, you mean, the fish slime and the dirt under the fingernails and stuff that’s me?” I said. Awesome response, huh?!!

It’s the same old double standard. I am not one of those who would whine and cuss. It’s just not how I’m wired!!! But the minute I start to whine and cuss, the mainstream media totally misunderstands my verbiage and the combination of things that brought me to this place of knowing. And I know that I know that I know those crappy bloggers will put out more confliction stories.

I keep explaining what impacted me, but everyone seems more confused and ironic than ever. What is it about average, hard-working Americans like me that Americans can’t understand?

I love Alaska too much to waste any more time on her Bridge to Nowhere. I need to be able to go forth out there and fight for what is right. And what is right is for me and my First Dude to take that big fish run to the White House."

Shaw Kenawe said...

continued:

"So people should stop being so stinkin’ mean to me because this is a goal-setting thing, a full-court press, a sub-four marathon. Karl Rove thinks I’m not prepared for the national stage??? Pundits think I should read a book before I write one??? Man, I feel a grizzly rising up in me!!!

Every mom we know multitasks. And I am one to believe I can use an all-of-the-above approach, too. I can abandon Alaska and ambition myself for the presidency. I can get bored with my job and fight apathy. I can take the easy path out to work hard on a path for fruitfulness. I can move on selfishly and call it altruistically. I don’t need a title now when I can shake up the good ol’ boys and get a better title in the end.

You didn’t really think I was going anywhere, did you? I’m one of Google’s hot trends. We’re doing a fund-raising push this week on SarahPAC to destroy Obama’s attempt to destroy capitalism. And forget about Obama’s youth revolution. I posed for a cheesecake shot in Runner’s World with short-shorts and a crumpled American flag that’s destined to be on the bedroom wall of every conservative 12-year-old boy. It’s the metaphor, stupid! Heck yeah, I’m running! As I learned when I was a beauty contestant — flags and gams show you it’s about country.

And before you say anything though about the glam shots of me stretching and preening on the waterfront in my cute running outfits, don’t bother. That would be a sexist double standard.

Nobody said anything when Obama walked around in Hawaii without his shirt, showing off his washboard abs. Well, maybe they did, but I betcha they say more about me because, of course, we know by now, for some reason, a different standard applies to my decisions.

It’s just like when Obama, the One Who Must Be Obeyed, said his family was off-limits so everyone left them alone. But they never left mine alone. Thank goodness for that though because we hate being out of the limelight! It was a blast to see Bristol with my grandbaby Tripp on the cover of People as the ambassadress of abstinence!

It’s the same different standard with the dirt-digging behind these frivolous ethics complaints. As I told the reporters who chased me up here, if I were in the White House instead of Alaska, the Department of Law down there would look at some of the things that we’ve been charged with and automatically throw them out. Later, the media brats began making a big, fat ugly scene about there being no Department of Law in Washington.

I say, tell that to the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan who are risking their lives to protect our system of laws. How sad that the unpatriotic, godless media picking away at me will never understand it’s about country.

It’s about me running the country.

It’s about me running.

It’s about me.

The media doesn’t get Sarah Palin. I hear planes buzzing. Oh, no!! Have they all left?? Even that Time reporter who I showed how to smoke salmon???"

Right Is Right said...

Christopher said...
Right is Wrong,
Are you one of the 6 or 7 former PUMA loons who orbited the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York demanding CBS fire David Letterman?


No, but I'm sorry that I missed it. I would have gone had I'd know!

She’s a smart, tough, and compassionate person with a real life, a family, and a track record of fighting and taking down government criminals and corruption.

Instead, you support a socialist who bows down to the King of Crap
and who changes his beliefs more often than he does his underwear — all because you claim he’s more “pro-gay”!

On national defense, taxes and spending, gun rights, abortion, and (hopefully) immigration, Palin is more in line with my beliefs. And I don’t think Obama/Biden are qualified and they certainly don’t reflect many of my beliefs. Maybe the gays are happy with this 2 faced creep and his so called "Fashionable" wife. but I'm not. And btw, she did not quit! She did this because she had no other choice.

What gets me about the Palin haters, of whatever gender or orientation, is their remarkable ignorance of what she actually believes and who she is. So she didn’t go to an Ivy League University, she still graduated from college with a 4.0 average. Yet they call her dim witted. They say her speeches are rambling and incoherent. Have they never heard their hero, Obama, without a teleprompter?

Lefties have learned that if enough people repeat a lie with absolute conviction, it becomes the conventional wisdom. e.g. Bush “lied” about WMD in Iraq. Dick Cheney is evil. Bush “botched” the response to Katrina.
And before you give me any of your insulting wise ass answers
Christopher, you can kiss my female ass. Wouldn't that be a horror for you!

Shaw Kenawe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christopher said...

Right is Wrong opines:

"Christopher, you can kiss my female ass. Wouldn't that be a horror for you!"

True but not for the homophobic reasons you suggest.

Kissing your ass -- while it would be pleasurable for you if I did it, would be nasty for me not because you're female but because you're a rightwing idiot.

Big difference.

Christopher said...

Shaw,

McCandy is also a Young Earth aficionado.

Multiple mainstream sources including the Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune site McCandy claiming she knows for a fact that dinosaurs and humans co-existed because she "saw a picture of a dinosaur fossil footprint and along side the footprint was a human footprint."

Morons like McCandy are why natural history museums across the nation have had to hire special docents to push back and explain to visitors that, no, dinosaurs and humans did not co-exist despite what you were taught in church.

Right Is Right said...

Christopher said...

Right is Wrong opines:

"Christopher, you can kiss my female ass. Wouldn't that be a horror for you!"

True but not for the homophobic reasons you suggest.

Kissing your ass -- while it would be pleasurable for you if I did it, would be nasty for me not because you're female but because you're a rightwing idiot.

Big difference.





LMAO... I seriously doubt that!

You are only interested in women who look like prepubescent boys?

And do you also agree that gay men have no respect for women who have curves? And who are as beautiful as I am.... eat your heart out.. But I heard that Enrique Iglesias is pretty hot...

Shaw Kenawe said...

Right is Right,

Many people will disagree with your opinion that Ms. Palin didn't quit her job as governor when she resigned 2 1/2 years into her first term.

She had no choice?

In your opinion, and hers. But many other governors would probably disagree.

It is my opinion that she took the lazy way out of a difficult situation and opted for the tons of money she can now make as a private citizen.

Money is a great motivator.

eco said...

Thank Goodness for your post Right is Right.
I was terrified that I was the only one that realized how out of proportion this whole Sarah palin speech was blown

Sarah Palin quit Shaw? What have you been smoking?

She has soo much more to offer than Obama & Joe Biden combined!! How hypocritical for everyone to dismember her piece by piece simply because she is a female. Please, she has produced more of Alaska's own oil & gas, for national security. (Sep 2008) Gas pipeline:history's largest private-sector infrastructure. (Sep 2008) More pipelines; more nukes; more coal; more alternatives. (Sep 2008)
Claimed major triumph: $500 million subsidy for gas pipeline. (Aug 2008) Global warming affects Alaska, but is not man-made. (Aug 2008) Resource rebate: suspend AK 8-cent fuel tax for one year. (Aug 2008) Gasline Inducement Act: 1,715-mile natural gas pipeline. (Aug 2008) Commercialize Alaska's North Slope natural gas. (Aug 2008) Appointed an Alaska oil and gas commissioner. (Aug 2008) To win, GOP must push energy independence. (Aug 2008) Windfall oil profits tax prevents investment. (Aug 2008) Lift moratorium on offshore drilling. (Jul 2008) Convinced McCain to drill offshore; not yet on drilling ANWR. (Jul 2008) Exxon-Mobil should pay $507 million for Exxon Valdez spill.(Jul 2008) Unlock ANWR; we're ready, willing and able to contribute. (Jun 2008) Energy relief plan: $100 per person monthly, for oil & gas. (May 2008) Bush is right: drill ANWR & develop our own supplies. (Apr 2008)
Fully fund for the Petroleum Systems Integrity Office. (Feb 2008) $250M for proven alternative energy, including wind & hydro. (Jan 2008) Gas pipelines are approved if they meet Alaska's needs. (Jan 2008) National energy policy not an either/or proposition. (Nov 2007) Fund cellulosic biofuel research in Farm Bill. (Oct 2007) Submitted legislation to build natural AGIA gas pipeline. (Mar 2007) Stranded Gas Development Act no longer applies. (Nov 2006) Get ANWR open. (Nov 2006) Chaired the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission. (Nov 2006) Pursue gasline plan that is best for ALL Alaskans. (Nov 2006) Met with producers and employee groups for pipeline deal. (Oct 2006) Firm start date as part of gasline incentive offer. (Oct 2006) Opposes natural gas reserves tax--it's not earned income yet. (Oct 2006)
Analyze potential costs associated with climate change. (Oct 2006)AND THIS IS ONLY HER ENERGY AND OIL PLAN...come on...use common sense, she is a great speaker, very well-informed of political issues & has created more bills that Obama ever has..oh wait, thats right, he hasn't created any..

The reason why more gifted political people do not go into politics is precisely because they don't want to be torn into shreds on national television by a hostile media and TV talk shows like Letterman and irrelevant people like Katie Couric.
When a Lib is in office the first thing they say is "Hands off my family"
But like the hypocrites they are, they won't do the same for the opposing party.

JohnC said...

eco said: "The reason why more gifted political people do not go into politics is precisely because they don't want to be torn into shreds on national television by a hostile media and TV talk shows like Letterman and irrelevant people like Katie Couric."

Are you suggesting that Palin is a gifted politician? She may be able to rally crowds and push forth legislation but using the term gifted is a bit strong.

Also, how exactly did Couric shred Palin? By asking her precisely what newspapers she read and then following up when Palin couldn't cite any...seriously?!

Shaw Kenawe said...

eco said:

"Sarah Palin quit Shaw? What have you been smoking?"

I don't smoke.

I listened to Sarah Palin's speech where she said she would resign/quit the office of governor of Alaska as of the end of July.

There is no misinterpreting that.

You don't call that quitting? That's your choice. When someone walks away from a job--resigns from a job--that's called quitting.

I'm glad you find in her someone to admire.

As for your implication that Ms. Palin and her family were "torn to shreds," I have this observation:

That's politics. Ask Hillary and Chelsea Clinton about being "torn to shreds."

The difference is that Hillary stayed in politics, withstood the savaging from the media and the right wing and triumphed over her critics and enemies.

Too bad Ms. Palin hasn't the courage to do the same.

BTW, while Barack Obama was campaigning, he spoke up for Ms. Palin's family by saying candidates' children are off limits:


CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Presidential ...
Sep 2, 2008 ... The Obama campaign has not yet released his August total. .... Barack Obama said Monday, Palin's family is 'off-limits'.
this is the entire quote:

"I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people’s families are off limits, and people’s children are especially off limits. This shouldn’t be part of our politics, it has no relevance to governor Palin’s performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18. And how family deals with issues and teenage children that shouldn’t be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that is off limits." --Senator Barack Obama-

So your comment is absolutely untrue.

And so is your assertion that Barack Obama never created any legislation. Here is a link to where all of his legislative accomplishments are listed.

Please. When you make assertions, you should at the very least back them up with evidence and facts.

Thanks.

Christopher said...

Shaw is 100% correct.

The Palins, Sarah and Todd, used their brood like props.

My 95 year old grandmother had the TV on during the primary when I went over to see her and said, "Don't those kids go to school?"

The Palins are wildly ambitious and clawed their way out of the Meth-infested shithole called Wasilla and if they sacrificed their kids in the process, and dragged them onto a stage in Tampa, or Salt Lake City, or Billings, that was OK as long as McCandy could climb the GOP food chain.

McCandy's parenting skills left a lot to be desired. For all of her "Young Earth" dogma and religious extremism, she couldn't even keep Bristol off the cock. Great mother.

Meanwhile, where were the Obama's girls during the primary: in school back in Chicago, right where they belonged.

Christopher said...

Right is Wrong,

What happened, pumpkin?

Did you fall hard for a gay guy in school or at work, only to have him reject your tired ass?

Yours is a sad, pathetic tale.

Anonymous said...

how does eco know Palin's gpa?

if he/she has a link to prove that Palin had a 4.0 in college, provide it, otherwise, it's just more lying by her followers.

Palin attended 5 colleges, none of which had admissions requirements, to pull together a bachelor's in journalism and communictions. We should not only know her GPA, but she should be able to explain how this education is relevant to the office of the Presidency.
Due to privacy in education laws, the only way we can determine Palin's GPA is if she freely tells us. Tell her you want to know!

"Federal privacy laws prohibit the schools from disclosing her [Palin's] grades, and none of the schools contacted by The Associated Press could say why she transferred."

Palin switched colleges 6 times in 6 years By NICHOLAS K. GERANIOS, Associated Press Writer Thursday, September 4, 2008

What were Sarah Palin's high school and university grade point averages?
In: Sarah Palin
Unknown. All that's known is she graduated from Idaho State University as a Journalism major, and she was once a sports caster.

Lynne said...

The above regarding Palin's college GPA is true; it has not been released, however,her high school GPA is 2.2

Christopher said...

McCandy had a 4.0 GPA?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In what major? Make-up and hair?

McCandy's college career is so checkered that her own press spokesperson initially had trouble getting straight.

FACT:

Try five colleges in six years.

McCandy was a college hopper.

The schools McCandy graced included: Hawaii Pacific University, North Idaho College, the University of Idaho, Matanuska-Susitna College and then University of Idaho, again.

Due to Federal privacy laws prohibit the schools from disclosing her grades, none of the schools contacted by the Associated Press could say why she transferred.

Even stranger, there was no indication any were contacted as part of the vetting process of Palin by presidential candidate John McCain’s campaign.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Lynne,

Can you provide a link to where we can see the evidence for her gpa in college? Thanks.

dmarks said...

I see Christopher bashing Palin for having her children around. He'd probably have bashed her for abandoning them if she had left them home. Obama was right: the kids should be left off-limits.

It's not like she was dangling anyone over a balcony or anything.

"ROFL! Dmarks oozing word salad again."

This coming from someone who can't bother to look at a dictionary, and bashes someone for using the correct pronunciation of a word.

As for the "gibberish" claim, what part of what I was saying was not clear? I expect silence on this. Once again, you are making things up.

dmarks said...

"[Governor Palin's] parenting skills left a lot to be desired."

And once again sexism dominates the criticism of Sarah Palin. You don't see fathers bashed like this... by people who stick their nose into private family matters (unless, of course, the father does something extreme like dangle them off a balcony).

Lynne said...

Shaw, there are several sites that confirm that due to privacy, her college GPA was not released (as I said) however, here is the link which shows her high school GPA.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6473754/Sarah-Palin-Stats

Shaw Kenawe said...

Thanks for the link, Lynne.

I don't put much value into high school grades as much as I do college as an indication of someone's intellectual ability.

I understand that not everyone takes college seriously, and sometimes people can excel after their undergraduate years.

We won't get a look at Ms. Palin's college records, and it's not that important, unless someone comes here and claims she had a 4.0 gpa in college, then I ask that person to back that claim with evidence.

Gordon said...

Whoa! Dang, Shaw, you're almost sounding...reasonable about the topic of Palin (at least in the last comment).

Better get over to DU or TP and get that treated right away! You don't want to let an attitude like that fester, ya know. Let it go and pretty soon you'll be posting about how Dick Cheney is kinda sexy, in a grandfatherly way.

Christopher said...

Dmarks offers:

"And once again sexism dominates the criticism of Sarah Palin. You don't see fathers bashed like this."

ROFL! Dmarks, I think you were safer yesterday arguing the correct way to pronounce nuclear.

Were you one of those of those 5 or 6 PUMA loons marching around in front of the Ed Sullivan Theater demanding CBS fire David Letterman?

James' Muse said...

Christopher,

You just can't stand it when someone who disagrees with you can make a better argument than you can? You keep falling back on insults. That's not debating; that's a sandbox, friend.

dmarks said...

And in his comment, Christopher tried to change the subject entirely from whether or not his anti-Palin comments were sexist.

I'd never heard of such a PUMA protest at the Ed Sullivan theatre. But I looked it up, and it turns out that there were 50 at such a protest, not the 6 he claimed. Christopher is not having any luck on his new subject, either.

James' Muse said...

Christopher, while I admire your zeal, you frequently lash out at those around you when you can't defend your positions. That doesn't make you mature.

Jackie Oh said...

Christopher I got to tell you that ..swearing twice in every sentence isn't going to make you look mature - it's not going to make you look cool - it doesn't even hurt someone's feelings unless you use it as a hidden treasure. I bet you're feeling important now!
Calling them ignorant or your stupid pet names is only going to make you sound like an asshole.You attacked an argument by attacking the people who made it.e more creative ... What you said has no relevance to my argument in any way, ... That "McCandy" is wearing thin jerkoff.
As soon as you start attempting to insult people you've lost the argument, do you get that Dickhead?. Everyone here is bored with you cheap insults..,

dmarks said...

I'd also like him to give me an example of what he claims is "gibberish" from me. If I am being unclear or garbled, I'd like to know so I can correct it in the future.

TRUTH 101 said...

You know folks. We all have something in common with soon to be ex Governor Palin. We all think we have the answers. Time will tell if that's true of any of us.

Good luck getting Right is Right's butt kissed Christopher. I would like to get a look at the butt before committing to placing my personal lips on it. But nothing has led me to think RIR is a liar. She may well have a kissable rear end. It's worth a chance Brother.

Christopher said...

Truth,

Right is Wrong is all yours!

I'm happily married 16 years and have absolutely zero interest in some raging, rightwing idiot.

Shaw Kenawe said...

As keeper of this blog, I unequivocally state there will be no butt-kissing allowed.

I was raised a good Catholic girl, and I think there's a sin involved in that--venial? MORTAL? Dunno.

I just know Sister Mary Margaret Anastasia would not like it.

And she's the one who warned me about wearing black patent leather shoes to dances: Boys could see my underpants in the reflection from my shoes.

I'm afraid to wear black patent leather shoes to this day.

I prefer black suede stiletto boots. Safer.

Christopher said...

Jackie No says:

"That "McCandy" is wearing thin jerkoff."

You must be new 'round these parts?

I coined the term "McCandy" and it gained popularity and usage during the primary take-down of the the Old Coot's campaign last year.

As long as McCandy continues to whore her visage to the media, I will refer to her as McCandy and if you don't like it, that's just too fucking bad.

Capisca?

Christopher said...

Shaw states:

"I prefer black suede stiletto boots."

Scared of you, girl! I bet you look fly in 5 inch stiletto boots.

dmarks said...

Add "whore" to the highly intellectual criticism of Sarah Palin found in these comments (two comments above this one). Add this to the list with make-up, hair, and the fact that she does not hide her children.

dmarks said...

And here's a man who also likes to use the "whore" argument against female politicians he does not like.

Baby Award Goes To: said...

Sarah puts herself out there, gets hammered, then quits.
Crying all the way home from the playground, how the kids beat her up.
Poor Sarah, she's the only politician teased and insulted on the playground of politics.
Get a grip honey. Lose the persecution complex. All the kids on the playground get teased and insulted.
There is no crying in politics.
4.0 GPA? She is a special needs student.

dmarks said...

"4.0 GPA? She is a special needs student."

I think we have found the speechwriter who created Obama's special olympics bowling joke

Arthurstone said...

Here's my favorite paragraph in the thread:

"As soon as you start attempting to insult people you've lost the argument, do you get that Dickhead?. Everyone here is bored with you cheap insults..,"

You can't make it up.

Thank you Jackie Oh.

Anonymous said...

Chrisie Girlfriend. I didn't know your were married. Who's the unlucky Guy?

Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...

I love how it's ok for people to insult Christopher and call him names but when he does it, it's a crime.

dmarks said...

Lynne: That's a good point....

Christopher said...

Lynne observes:

"I love how it's ok for people to insult Christopher and call him names but when he does it, it's a crime."

Lynne, I'm used to it here.

Shaw's trolls are homophobes and morons. But letting them have it doesn't require much effort on my part. They're not terribly smart.

Pamela D. Hart said...

Hi Guys and Gals, I’m coming in on this a bit late. But here’s my 2 cents for all THAT’S worth.
I am disappointed that Sarah resigned her position as Governor of Alaska. If I were an Alaskan, I think I would feel cheated. Even though the false ethics charges are costing Palin and the state enormous amounts of money, I haven’t heard the Alaskans complaining, have any of you? And if I’m not mistaken, hasn’t she started a legal fund? Not that it excuses the wack-jobs responsible for the bogus claims, because it doesn’t. I do think her quitting will hurt her in the long run. If she does intend to run on a national level, this will be brought out, and I hope she’s ready for it.

As far as Hilary being tenacious and determined, yes, one could look at her that way. One could also look at her as selfish. She had a goal in mind and come hell or high water, despite the threat to her marriage and husband, her reputation or the attacks on her child, she was going to attain that goal.

beadazzzle said...

Lynne said...
"I love how it's ok for people to insult Christopher and call him names but when he does it, it's a crime."

I guess what goes around COMES AROUND!

SARAH said...

Christopher said...
Shaw's trolls are homophobes and morons.




Yeah what goes around, COMES AROUND...
This guy has been "KING" of the name calling and insults for much too long!
It's time he felt a bit of his own medicine with ALL HIS personal insults..
You do not call people names. "You are a dick" "You are a retard" "You are a moron, donkey, *******, asshat" etc. And not expect to get it thrown back at you.

TRUTH 101 said...

If done with style, name calling is good entertainment. As is buttkissing which is not allowed here.

Congratulations to Governor Palin for keeping herself in the news and a hot topic for bloggers.

Debbies Choice said...

Well Truth101.. (or whatever) I love Sarah Palin, she's not captive to anyone, not McCain, not the GOP, she's so darn independent. What a breath of fresh air a confident mother is, especially when compared to the stodgy, Washington fuddy-duddies who just need to be thrown out.

The only ones who should dislike Palin are the liberals.
The condescension of some posters is unbelievable. Mrs. Palin has done more than any one of them and she doesn't hide behind some pseudonym. Could it just possibly be that some posters here are so ashamed of what their friends and neighbors would think of them if those friends and neighbors knew how they thought about women that they hide behind those false identities? Or could it be that they're so ashamed of what they write that even they can't stomach the thought of signing their own name to their posts.

Mrs. Palin was the only politician to stand up for traditional American values. Mr. Obama misrepresented his agenda. John McCain tried to pretend that he held conservative values. Joe Bidden sold his soul for a spot on the ticket with the very man that he vilified during his own campaign. Mrs. Palin, alone, spoke as a true American who wasn't ashamed of her principles and wasn't ashamed to voice them.

Good for her. May she excel in everything that she does - including seeking higher office.
You liberals time in charge is going to shortly be over! "Your President" has taken this country down the tubes. Highest unemployment ever, yet, "If you vote for my stimulus plan, unemployment will not go over 8%." Mr. President, you have taken over our banking industry. 52 banks have gone belly up. Twice the number of bank failures than last year, You have taken over 2 out of the three biggest auto businesses in this country. You are attempting to take over the health insurance care industry. What else are you going to ruin our Country?

I really appreciated some of the comments here from the comedians I've been reading here -- it's the best laugh I've had in a long time.... Thank You.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Hi Pamela,

We won't know how Ms. Palin's resignation will affect her politically until she makes the decision to seek office--national office. It will be interesting.

Re your comment on Hillary Clinton: "She had a goal in mind and come hell or high water, despite the threat to her marriage and husband, her reputation or the attacks on her child, she was going to attain that goal."

I like to think of it this way: What if Hillary had stayed home after she and her family left the WH? Speculation about her and her family would eventually fade away, and then what?

Instead, she chose to ignore what people were saying about her and her family and work toward a goal she believed was worthy. In the end her husband has somewhat redeemed himself [politically] and her daughter appears to be well-adjusted and happily pursuing her life.

Actually, she did what many believe Sarah Palin is doing now.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Debbies Choice wrote: "Mrs. Palin was the only politician to stand up for traditional American values."

Actually, many disagree with that observation. Mr. Obama, for example, is a model of American values. He came from a broken home, was somewhat underprivileged, used his talents and intelligence to get a superior education from this country's most prestigious institutions of higher learning, entered into a loving marriage, and is a wonderful, attentive, loving father and husband to his two children and his wife, worked hard to attain public office, and against tremendous odds, won.

He attained his dream through hard work and using the talents he was born with--not through privilege.

The American Dream.

Debbie's Choice wrote: "Joe Bidden sold his soul for a spot on the ticket with the very man that he vilified during his own campaign."

This is called politics. George HW Bush during the campaign in 1980 called Ronald Reagan's econmic policy, "voodoo economics." Not flattering to Mr. Reagan at all, and yet he became Mr. Reagan's running mate.

That's just how politics works, and I'm surprised you use the Biden example of opposing Mr. Obama during the primary as "selling his soul." It isn't. Politicians say what they have to say to get the nomination, then they become the running mates of the very people they criticized during the campaign.


Debbie's Choice wrote: "Mrs. Palin, alone, spoke as a true American who wasn't ashamed of her principles and wasn't ashamed to voice them."

I've said previously that anyone who thinks he or she is a "true American" or designates a group of people who live in a particular region of this country as "real Americans" is using incredibly elite and snobbish language. It is elitism at its worst.

We all are true and real Americans, and to try to separate oneself and designate oneself to be truer or more real than other Americans is to denigrate one's fellow countrymen without any evidence that they are inferior citizens.

It's incredibly arrogant and demeaning to all citizens when a politician uses that sort of elitist, exclusionary language.

Also, every candidate articulates his or her principles and is not ashamed to do so. Not just Palin.

She is a politician, just like Obama, Biden, McCain and every other politician who has sought public office.

She knows how to promote herself, call attention to herself, and make herself the center of controversy.

And she's very, very good at it.

Real leaders, however, need more than theatrics to lead.

Debbies Choice said...

This is called politics.?

Good answer Shaw, and I agree with you there....except why don't you say the same thing when the shoe is on the other foot?
And btw, Is a First lady carrying a $6,000 purse in Russian also politics. Or is she just a insecure show-off?

Shaw Kenawe said...

Debbie's Choice wrote:

"Good answer Shaw, and I agree with you there....except why don't you say the same thing when the shoe is on the other foot?"

Debbie, I'm not sure what "...say the same thing when the shoe is on the other foot" refers to.


Debbie wrote: "And btw, Is a First lady carrying a $6,000 purse in Russian also politics. Or is she just a insecure show-off?"

No more insecure than a woman who needs a $150,000 wardrobe to campaign as vice president.

Actually, what a famous person spends on clothing doesn't interest me [I shop at consignment stores, outlets, and bargain basements], and it's hardly an indication of whether a person is insecure or not.

All First Ladies, FWIW, become some sort of icon for American and international fashion. Would we prefer that our FLOTUS look like she shopped in consignment stores? Like me?

I am always depressingly out of fashion.

Pamela D. Hart said...

Shaw: I agree that Hillary didn’t run and hide when the heat got too intense. I was just looking at her from a different angle. I’m certainly not a Hillary fan, however, I DO give her credit. She has been through a lot and the media and male politicians have tried to drag her down with slanderous, sexists remarks, but she didn’t allow any of that to stop her. Even when people attacked her daughter, she held steady. I’m not sure I would’ve held up quite so well had my kids been attacked. Say what you want about me, but my kids??!! Again, Sarah has turned her back on Alaskans. At least that’s how I see it and I’m very disappointed, because I like Sarah Palin. And while I have sympathy for her financial plight, isn’t this when one must pull up one’s boot straps and trudge along? I’m not in her shoes (no pun intended and I love shoes!) but I’d like to think I’d hang in there until my term was over.

Christopher said...

Sarah belches:

"You do not call people names. "You are a dick" "You are a retard" "You are a donkey, *******, asshat" etc. And not expect to get it thrown back at you."

Where have I referred to anyone as a "dick, retard, or asshat?"

Please provide copy and pasted quotes from anything I've written using those terms?

Debbies Choice said...

Christopher said...

Sarah belches:


Just that comment alone shows your crude, tasteless, whole collective vulgar mentality.
Consequently, you seem to think that everyone is homophobic and you have such a defensive attitude it makes people sick!

Lynne said...

Debbie's Choice: "you make people sick".

Speak for yourself.

Im Here To Say It said...

In today's Headlines:
"While Barack Obama struggles to reinvigorate the G8 summit in L'Aquila, Italy, his elder daughter has apparently launched her own campaign to educate the planet about nuclear weapons. She was snapped leaving a Rome ice-cream parlor today in a T-shirt bearing the CND symbol, one of the world's most recognizable and political logos. Given the intense sartorial scrutiny to which her parents have been exposed, it seems unlikely that the T-shirt was packed or pulled on by accident."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jul/08/malia-obama-cnd-t-shirt

Here is my message to the Obamas:
Your daughters are already thrust into the spotlight. Your best tactic, to help them grow up as normally as possible while living in a fishbowl, is to help them keep a LOW PROFILE. Besides, urging or encouraging them to make political statements as minors is inappropriate. Frankly it strikes me as a parental political expression, and not one of the child. What are you trying to accomplish? If you want to wear a peace sign, wear it YOURSELF. Because if you push your LITTLE kids into the harsh, glaring spotlight even more than they already are by circumstance, there may be SERIOUS consequences for them. Turn your kid into a celebrity at their peril. How do child stars usually fare in our society? So it begins..

I Ain't Got No Blog said...

Lynne said...
Debbie's Choice: "you make people sick".
Speak for yourself


*******************************

LYNNE STFU!
I've just read your post and it reminded me of something that I always wanted to tell you..
You have never said anything that made any sense at all yet!
Your comments are stupid, classless and ridicules they are the stupidest f***en pattern ever invented. If you're that stupid it's no wonder that you don't have a blog, no one would ever read it.
You make a compelling arguments for birth control or even abortion.
And I'm sure that you are not on "Face Book" because who would want to look at your face!

I sometimes wonder if people actually believe their comments, or do they just want to enter it in the Dumbest Comment Contest!
But thank you for visiting here, I needed a laugh.

dmarks said...

Shaw asked: "Would we prefer that our FLOTUS look like she shopped in consignment stores? Like me?"

Actually, yes.

Lynne said...

Ain't Got No Blog ironically says: "no wonder you don't have a blog".

You're cool.

P.S. I actually do have a blog but I'd never let you anywhere near it.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Dear I Ain't Got No Blog,

Just a reminder. This is actually my blog, and I have asked everyone to desist from name-calling.

I'm done with that.

Death has a way of reminding us of what actually matters in life, and it is being decent to and civil with each other, no matter what our political beliefs are.

You're all welcome here, but please, I ask again, attack the position, not the person.

Thanks.

Shaw Kenawe said...

dmarks,

you don't actually believe a First Lady would wear second-hand clothing do you?

As long as the FLOTUS isn't spending tax payers' money on her clothes, I don't how much of her own money she wastes.

dmarks said...

Shaw: I agree with your 2nd paragraph. Good point. It is her own business.

I just think that someone dressing like that is rather ostentatious. Be it Palin, Michelle, or Imelda.

It's not a big deal for me, though.

Julie's Jewels said...

On Yesterday's Al Sharpton Radio Show.

FEMALE CALLER (31:50): He (Michael Jackson) is truly the soundtrack of my life. I also have a theory about Sarah Palin as well and I’m going to put it out there on radio, hopefully someone can investigate.

But, I think maybe she did something to Michael Jackson. Maybe there’s a scandal there. Maybe she’s stepping down because something’s about to come out. I don’t know, but I’m gonna just put it out there on your show so we’ll see.

SHARPTON: All right, thank you for your call, Ashley. That’s interesting. I’ll put it out, we’ll see. I don’t know.


Note that Sharpton doesn’t challenge the caller’s deranged theory, but calls it “interesting”.

Are these people out of their minds? That's the only logical explanation.
Who is dumber, that caller? or the idiots that put Al Sharpton on the air?

Shaw Kenawe said...

Julie's Jewels,

Stop listening to call-in radio shows. It's bad for your health. Believe me.

dmarks,

Nancy Reagan was a fashion plate, IIFC, and I don't remember anyone criticizing her for her Hollywood glam fashion. And I do remember reading about a big name designer red sequined dress Laura Bush wore at a White House Christmas function a few years back, but I don't remember anyone saying she was ostentatious in her red sparkles.

First Ladies are supposed to look fabulous--they do, afterall, represent this country when they travel abroad.

Michelle Obama has been viciously attacked over her looks and just about everything else.

SarahG said...

What has happened to Palin and her family at the hands of political opponents is not "criticism," and attempting to classify it as such is grotesquely dishonest. It's been a savage campaign of baseless smears and lies. You yourself reported with considerable glee that she was the subject of an FBI investigation, that the FBI had seized records allegedly implicating Palin in some sort of wrong-doing, and to date you have yet to even acknowledge that what you repeated here was an utterly baseless charge, a full-fledged smear for the sole purpose of attempting to personally destroy a political opponent.

No matter how you try to parse that, it's a smear campaign and not remotely resembling "criticism."

Also Shaw, may I add, that I was very sorry to read about your loss.

Arthurstone said...

This is an interesting stroll down memory lane:

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1997/02/23/starr.report/

Palin and the the Tea Partying 'real Americans' are going to save us from Islamofascism when they go all weepy over a tasteless joke by David Letterman?

I think not.

TRUTH 101 said...

Debbie: so by running away from the fight for "American Values" by resigning, we're all supposed to be proud of Governor Palin? Maybe you're correct. How can a governor fight abortion and teen pregnancy and drugs and crime and insurgents and Truth 101 and all the other naughty stuff going on. It's not like they can back and sign legislation or set an agenda and have a bully pulpit. Sarah Palin can do all that stuff from her cabin on Moosehead Lake in Alaska. At least until FOX gives her a gig cohosting with Michelle Bachman.

dmarks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaw Kenawe said...

Sarah G. wrote:

"You yourself reported with considerable glee that she was the subject of an FBI investigation, that the FBI had seized records allegedly implicating Palin in some sort of wrong-doing, and to date you have yet to even acknowledge that what you repeated here was an utterly baseless charge, a full-fledged smear for the sole purpose of attempting to personally destroy a political opponent."

This is untrue.

I did not write any such thing. You have me confused with another blogger. Read my two posts on Palin. There is nothing in them about the FBI.

I will accept your apologies for wrongly accusing me of something I did not do.

And thank you for your condolences.

SarahG said...

Shaw said: "I will accept your apologies for wrongly accusing me of something I did not do."


If I was wrong, then I do apologize
Then I will say that I was wrong.
And that I am sorry.

That didn't hurt.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Sarah G.,

No. It didn't hurt at all.

And I will do the same for you, should I make a mistake on your blog.

That was easy.

Have a great evening.

Shaw

dmarks said...

Shaw: Julie's Jewels basically "spammed" your blog with that Al Sharpton comment. She merely mindlessly cut-and-pasted it from her own most recent blog entry. It's identical.

Sandys Thoughts said...

dmarks said...

"Shaw: Julie's Jewels basically "spammed" your blog with that Al Sharpton comment. She merely mindlessly cut-and-pasted it from her own most recent blog entry. It's identical."dmarks

I just took a brief trip to Julie's Jewels blog to see what you are talking about.. And I found what you said to be true.. BUT! Forgive my ignorance, but what in the world is wrong with that. Why can't she copy a piece that she wrote on her OWN blog and past it here if it fits into this discussion???
Are we getting to be that nuts? Is what she did "spam"
Get over yourself dmarks you are becoming paranoid.
Either that or this world has become so PC that it is getting or already is CRAZY!
Or is it that you just don't like her or what she had to say.
But I just don't get it.

spitfire 236 said...

I'm from Melbourne, Australia so I am not as in tune with American politics as you people maybe but we do read up and listen to the radio, and tv much and we do follow American politics as much as we are able to. As we love America and Americans.
I have said this on other blogs, as it seems to be the hot topic of the day. I'm a very much a liberal thinking person and my wife is an independent and we love Sarah Palin. She has given so much in such a short time. We hate the chattering gossipy class, the tv anchor people and those on McCain's staff who turned against her.
And as for David Letterman's joke, we thought that was just about the lowest thing ever said on TV. Even worse then what Imus said.
We do not know of anyone so unfairly treated, the comments have been hateful. I believe in her and will support her. I think that Sarah could be America's future Margaret Thatcher.

Nickie Goomba said...

Sarah Palin’s future plans are unknown. To make assumptions about what she will do is ineptness at its worse.
Sarah Palin thinks for herself; she does not ask anyone but God what she should do.

Had Americans taken that rout in November 2008, this country would not be stuck with a Marxist
president befriending America’s enemies.
Palin is the Left's vampire. They keep believing they've driven in the final stake, but she keeps coming. So Mr. Obama, be afraid. Be very afraid. You haven't heard the last from her...

Shaw Kenawe said...

I don't believe the president of the United States will be "very afraid" of a less than one term governor of the smallest [in population] state in America.

Sarah Palin is wildly popular with the Republican base, it is true. But it is also true that she cannot win a national election with just the base voting for her.

She had high negatives going into the last election, and, IMHO, has done nothing to dispel them--and, with her incoherent speech last week, actually made them worse.

JohnC said...

Nickie Goomba said: "Sarah Palin thinks for herself; she does not ask anyone but God what she should do."

If Palin thinks for herself then why ask God?

Along these lines, anyone who claims to get guidance from God is really thinking/listening to themselves.

Apologies for the tangent...

Shaw Kenawe said...

JohnC.,

Your remark reminds me of the line Peter O'Toole speaks in the film "The Ruling Class."

Dressed as Jesus, the character O'Toole plays in the film is asked why he believes he is God.

O'Toole answers, "Because I find when I pray to Him, that I am speaking to myself."

Ha!

Shaw Kenawe said...

Nickie Goomba wrote:

"Sarah Palin thinks for herself; she does not ask anyone but God what she should do."

So God told her to quit being the governor of Alaska?

Do you suppose God also told her to have someone ghost-write her book and then to travel around the country supporting conservative candidates and rake in thousands of dollars giving speeches?

That seems like an inordinately self-serving agenda. Also, why would God be so interested in Palin's political career and not, say, Mitt Romney's?

Or do you suppose God is advising Romney too? And Jindal? And Huckabee? Or any other conservative?

If you truly believe she only asks God what to do, then God's made some tremendously bad decisions concerning Palin's political career.

dmarks said...

JohnC said: "Along these lines, anyone who claims to get guidance from God is really thinking/listening to themselves."

That is your religious doctrine. The doctrine of some others can differ.

dmarks said...

Nick Goomba said: "Palin is the Left's vampire. They keep believing they've driven in the final stake, but she keeps coming"

What do you mean, she keeps coming? She quit. She could not even complete one term of the highest office she was elected to. She trashed any chance of doing well in the 2012 Presidential election (were she to try for that).

She could try the senate route, but based on such cycles, she could not really have a serious run until probably 2020.
-------------

Sandy: The content was fine. But it was a mindless cut-and-paste job. She did not have to put one bit of thought into her comment here.

" Why can't she copy a piece that she wrote on her OWN blog and past it here if it fits into this discussion??? "

Ask Shaw.