Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Thursday, October 22, 2009

MENTAL HEALTH BREAK: HOUND DOG TAYLOR SINGS "GIVE ME BACK MY WIG, HONEY, NOW LET YOUR HEAD GO BALD."

Mississippi Delta Blues singer, Theodore Roosevelt "Hound Dog" Taylor sings it for us all.

[Certain members of my family--whom I will not name--were born, like Hound Dog Taylor, with 6 fingers on each hand.  While none of them ever achieved the genius of Hound Dog Taylor, we did get a certain satisfaction in saying to them with palm held open in mid-air "Gimme six!"]


You can find the lyrics here.

Mississippi Delta Blues

2 comments:

Ruth said...

You made me laugh, and now I'm thinking how much more typing I could do with a couple of extra fingers, hmmm, would it go faster?

Jim said...

That was just great. I just love the blues! I've not heard this artist before. Thanks.