A Republican Recipe for Disaster.
(And they cooked it up all on their own.)
- One large political party
- Several large nuts, of the Boehner, Bachmann, Cruz, Lee, Yoho, and Ryan variety
- Gallons of weak tea
- A generous cup of Obama Hatred
- 1 lb. of Self-Pity and Self-Delusion
- 1 Package of Government Shut Down
- Sprinkle generously with a Box of Fox lies, deceit, misinformation, and hysteria
- Place in very hot oven and bake for five years, or until you smell a rancid aroma
Serve immediately to the folks who love to eat against their own self-interest and health.
Careful! The above recipe may cause acute indegestion!
Republicans Have Been Hurt Badly By Shutdown
"A pair of new releases by Republican and Democratic polling firms underscored the same trend: the government shutdown has hurt the GOP dearly.
The latest survey from Democratic firm Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research released Friday found that voters nationwide blame the shutdown on Republicans in Congress rather than President Obama and the Democrats by a 16-point margin, 43 percent to 27 percent.
Moreover, the poll found Democrats in a promising position entering next year's midterm elections. Forty-six percent said they would vote for the Democratic congressional candidate if the 2014 midterms were held today, while 36 percent said they would prefer the GOP candidate.
A memo released Thursday by GOP firm Resurgent Republic acknowledged that the shutdown is "more toxic to voters" than the Affordable Care Act, noting that the "plan of using a government shutdown to spark a national discussion on Obamacare fell flat."