For someone who avoided military service through multiple deferments, wrapping oneself in the unearned cloth of a highly decorated general is not just pathetic; it is a profound insult to every person who ever wore the uniform.
While others were drafted, fought, and died, he used five draft deferments during the Vietnam War, making the visual of him in a dress uniform deeply hypocritical.
This is stolen valor at its worst by Trump who, according to General John Kelly who served as his Chief of Staff in the first Trump administration, called those who were wounded and gave the last full measure for our country, "suckers and losers."
Trump is too stupid to understand that medals and military insignia are earned through blood, sweat, and profound personal sacrifice—not manufactured by a computer to feed an ego. Trump has cheapened the ultimate sacrifice for a fleeting political stunt -- an act of pure ego that turns the stomach of anyone who respects the military."
Those who still support Trump should look within themselves to finally understand what is missing in their humanity that allows them to continue their allegiance to this unworthy, failed human being. IMO, they're as broken and damaged as Trump is.
Donald Trump shared an AI-generated image on Truth Social depicting himself as a heavily decorated military general standing alongside historical Generals George S. Patton and Douglas MacArthur. [1]
Details of the Post
45 comments:
Pathetic... Disgraceful... Despicable
trump is a very sick and dangerous "man".
The left needs to spend less time trying to disgrace a president who cannot run again and spend more time trying to convert all of their party to lock step like good socialists.
Face it, trump ain't your competition although I will admit attacking him is all you got. Independents don't want a socialist/communist government and we will determine the election. MAGA will vote republican, yellow dogs will vote democrat socialist and independents will vote the winner in.
One conquered Germany, One conquered Japan and one
is 'defending' us from Iran. But he does have the most
medals on his chest.
lol!
This would be laughable if it wasn't so obscene. I mean, look at how normal he makes his weight? LOL! Like that belt would ever be able to go around his obese self...
That's a link to an image of a young Donald who was sent, by his parents, to the New York Military Academy at age 13 because he was a defiant, disruptive, and rambunctious child. After a history of poor behavior, fighting, and talking back to teachers at his previous private school, his father decided he needed strict discipline.
Clearly, his early education at this disciplinary military school didn't work. Trump is an undisciplined, corrupt scoundrel.
OT: The good news is Michigan's democratic primary voters are moving to the left. To more progressive socialist candidates. Kudos to them!!
It is time the establishment democrats are swept from te party. Opening an avenue for REAL progressive and meaningful change.
The establishment wing of the democratic party is nothing but republican and capitalist light. Little change will actually occur under the democratic old guard establishment.
To really and POSITIVELY change the direction of the failing Empire requires BOLD and daring initiatives. Which is against every grain of the established democratic power structure.
Vote Democratic Socialsm 2026 and 2028 and beyond. For it is the only way this nation will effect the changes it so desperately needs.
No one "needs" to spend less time trying to disgrace Trump because he does that to himself AND TO OUR COUNTRY almost every day.
The Democratic Socialists are a small part of the Democratic Party, not all Democrats agree with their agenda, but some aspects of it are worthy.
Are all Republicans proto-fascist MAGAs? Should we apply your reasoning to what the GOP has become?
Is wanting universal health care, like every modern country on the planet has, a socialist/communist idea? Do you have an answer to that. Because that's part of what the Democrats have advocated for years.
You live in a country that ruins people's financial lives if they become sick with a catastrophic illness or have a catastrophic accident. No other modern country on the planet treats its citizens that poorly and inhumanely.
Do you believe America is too weak and stupid to find a way to insure all of its citizens for universal health care like the rest of the civilized world does?
Democrats want to change that. And you call that Communism because it is the MAGA Republicans who have no solutions to righting that wrong.
There are those who want us to ignore that obvious deterioration of Trump's mind and pretend there's nothing wrong with a US president behaving like a ten-year-old child.
I mean, don't you remember how outraged MAGA world was because Mr. Obama wore a tan suit one summer?
Those were the things that kept them awake a night.
Looky looky, LOTS of stolen valor!
Yeah, like Trump, you think his disrespect and stupidity is a joke. However, we know what the real joke is.
Ms. Shaw, "You live in a country that ruins people's financial lives if they become sick with a catastrophic illness" And what has either party done about it. Voted in obamacare without seeing it and then after they passed it they said it was not a good plan and few enrolled.
When are the American people going to elect intelligent individuals who are focused on getting something done instead of just attacking each other.
Are the American people going to accept accept the Canadian healthcare plan. Doubt it because we do not have enough physicians to care for all of our unhealthy citizens and we are not willing to wait a year to have our cataracts taken care of. Their system works because they are a small population country who is young and healthy compared to the US.
Are we willing to adapt the British system which provides healthcare to everyone but you can pay for more. Wait lines are long but accessibility is there if you need it.
Are we willing to go against the AMA union and increase the number of students and licenses given. Democrats love unions so are you going to go against the unions.
It is wonderful to say we want free healthcare but have the mouthpieces figured out how to accomplish this both from an accessibility standpoint and from financial. Is EVERYONE willing to pay their Fair Share of costs or are we back to tax 50% of the people and over tax the rich.
LOL! The DSA is finally breaking ties with the DNC by kicking out all the white neoliberal candidates and replacing the with POC and Race Communism. Whites are the new bourgeoisie. Love the performative suicidal empathy vibe you've got going, Les. See you in the white gulag.
The reichwing mob again creating new catch phrases and bullshit narratives in a desperate attempt to shore up their rapidly declining grip on society.
It's Citizen United, and the capital class and oligarchs that are ruining people's financial security. The game is, abd has ALWAYS been to drive increasing wealth concentration to the ruling capital class. At the expense of the rest
It is why there is always miney6for destruction and war but never enough for Healthcare, education, infrastructures, ir safety nets.
skud, do your homework -
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/countries-with-universal-healthcare
LMAO!!
The white supremacist minus man once again showing his bigotry and fear.
Poor whittle privileged white man quivering in fear of losing his cherished white privilege.
Skud and anyone else... like affordable housing, free healthcare does not exist. Someone must pay for it. Now before we get to that "how is it done" we have a hurdle we must jump...
Is it in the best interests of America that all of our citizens, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity have affordable access to health care?
Folks, some people do not believe the above. But until we as a country make the decision that the above is in fact, our goal, we will never more forward on this idea.
You can talk all you want on ppl people paying their fair share, getting it from work, Medicare, Medicaid, HMOs, deductibles and more. But none of that matters in any discussion until we know where people stand.
Then and only then can we craft policy, figure our funding mechanisms. recruit more doctors, etc.
-FJ,
You're not "white" to your fascist Christian Nationalist allies. Neither is your racist MAGA Reichsfuhrer Stephen Miller.
Your neo-Nazi Speaker of the House just called the Democratic Party "America-hating communists who hate America".
Holy Hitler, -FJ!
And Sieg Fuckin' Heil, Herr Judenazi.
I'm not one of the PMC who sold out the white working class for a DEI HR position Les.
Oh, stop!
The biggest "DEI" hire, (which MAGA cultists believe stands for not being qualified for the position a person is hired for) is Donald Trump.
He was voted in a POTUS and knew next to nothing about our Constitution, how government works, or our American history. IOW, he was hired because he was perceived, wrongly, as a successful businessman who could make deals.
He's shown America and the world that he is not! Not by anyone's measure.
I give you as an example his stupid, ignorant answer to former ABC journalist, Terry Moran, when Moran asked him what the Declaration of Independence meant to him -- a soft-ball question one would expect the POTUS could easily answer. Instead, Trump, who knows nothing about our history, answered this way:
Trump: "Well, it means exactly what it says, it's a declaration. A declaration of unity and love and respect, and it means a lot. And it's something very special to our country."
The Declaration of Independence was not a call for harmony or sentimental unity; it was America's formal divorce paper from King George III and Great Britain. It was an explicit act of secession and treason under British law, born out of deep grievance, conflict, and defiance.
The leader of the executive branch is expected to grasp civic fundamentals. Describing a fiery, revolutionary manifesto of liberty as a simple pledge of "unity and love" highlights a distinct absence of basic historical knowledge.
IOW, Trump is a functioning illiterate and idiot.
Dave, the capital class, those folks responsible for driving weath to their own class, supported by unscrupulous politicians looking out only for themselves (primarily Republicans) will continue to employ every means to prevent those items you mention from ever becoming reality. They will use propaganda (we're communists, Islamist supporters, we hate America, we just want freebies, and on and on. It's all bullshit, but Americans, staying true to their propagandized conditioning and apathy will continue to bow to capital and the propagandists that they allow to control their lives.
BB, What was your point. To show a lot of countries have universal healthcare, accepted. To say their system is good and people are satisfied, didn't say that. The US has a broken healthcare system but a lot of things in this country are broken. Healthcare, education, immigration policy, homelessness and that is just a start. We can blame who we want but we rely on a crocked political system to make those decisions and they are not capable because that would mean they would have to do something.
As a country we can do better by demanding better and not accept what we have.
Dave, I think the majority of Americans want healthcare but we do not have a system that can provide that. We don't have enough medical specialists to provide that care. We allow HMO's demand a referral to get anything done so it requires two appointments instead of one. Are we willing to go to a public clinic and see whoever is next. We expect a lot from our healthcare system but expect nothing from our politicians.
Les, Always feel enlightened after reading your well thought out response to anything.
Skud,
We have the healthcare system, but corrupt politicians and greedy insurance CEOs and pharma have it locked down for their profiteering.
It's called capitalism, and the only cure is socialized health care. If other countries can do it, so can we, But as I said, capitalism, greed, and corruption are the rule in the US.
Your sarcasm skud, is cute.
Rest assured it does not offend nor does it embarrass me. I consider the source, smile, and fully understand as I move on dismissing more of the ignorance that has beset American conservatism since RWR.
Skud... again, I think if we as a country want to make sure everyone can access quality health care without it bankrupting their family, we can do it. How? I don't know. But I still believe in America and our ability to solve big problems if we want to.
But people have to say YES! We want everyone to have access.
Then we can get to work.
BTW... you never said where you personally stand. Is it in the best interests of America that all of our citizens, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity have affordable access to health care?
skud, enlightened? LOL If skud was enlightened none of us would have to repeat the facts for every issue they present. Let's just say they are a blinking bulb to me i.e. a flash of enlightenment then nothing.
To the topic - stolen valor. I know those who've never served presume to know about military things, myself included. That said, my late husband was drummed out of the Marines for many reasons (his favorite? He was "rotten to the Corps" LOL) and yet he defended the Marines to his dying breath. Once a Marine isn't 'just' a saying, it's describing reality. So for our draft dodging crime ridden president to post such a picture? Before this post I'd have said Trump had plumbed the depths of disrespect and yet here he is, finding new levels of bottom to post.
To the conversation and questions asked: WeThePeople had a health care plan. I read the Affordable Care Act back in the day. It was of concern as news on the health insurance street was for profit health care was in a death spiral and the higher ups were freaking. The ACA was lengthy, complete, and did everything Americans needed but then the GOP took out their pens and gutted all of the things that would help make it work. As I remember that time it was the scene in Disney's Cinderella where the step sisters destroy the dress Cinderella and the mice had put together. I experience PTSD over the topic, something I just discovered.
I know our trolls and they will trot out the famous quote which said (and I'm paraphrasing here) we have to pass the bill in order to find out what's in it, only that statement wasn't made because the Act was unfinished when presented as a bill. No, the GOP started slashing from the get go and continued up until it was time to vote so no one knew what was still in the bill and what needed to be revised to address all the destruction. Those most passionate about health care tried to do better only those invested in the for profit system proved cruelty was always the point.
There has always existed an easy fix - our corporate overlords must pay their workers a living wage in addition to paying into the system what they received for free. Easy peasy, no?
No. Greed is their lifestyle with cruelty a feature not a bug. Our resident trolls carry water every day for these vile representations of humans for reasons. Personally I believe they are hoping for an invite to the super secret capitalist club. LOL Never going to happen.
Regarding the calls to answer how it's all going to be paid for, meaning health care, housing, and the rest of the taking care of one's people?
The maths line up. It is cheaper to provide health care for all than the current system we have here/now. It is cheaper to provide housing for the unhoused than shoving them into institutions (prisons or asylums). This isn't a new topic. Every so often it comes up and the same old tired excuses are trotted out to perform and WeThePeople willingly swallow the grifters lies as we shove our money into their grifting hands because they whispered into our ears the sweet sweet words of "We hate who you hate".
For those of us who no longer practice hate this entire timeline is exhausting.
Dave, I have stated on several occasions that I believe everyone deserves basic healthcare. I also believe it should not include abortions, sex change operations, nose jobs and any cosmetic procedures. If you want above basic healthcare you can pay for it.
Why don't we put healthcare on the ballot along with term and age limits. That is an easy question because our elected elite will never introduce term limits and vote themselves out of their path to riches. I also believe the American people would not support universal healthcare because of it's limitations and inconveniences.
We had healthcare for all called medicaid which some president eliminated so he could get his healthcare system with his name attached to it. Of course it didn't work out well but like DAPA it was only meant to be temporary for someone else to fix. Problem is there is no interest in fixing anything.
Les, Never meant to offend just acknowledging the deep thought in your responses.
Indeed! Well said.
Eliminate the money in politics (all lobbying acivity), first by ending Citizens United and then strip the MIC of its stranglehold on American commonsense.
Disengage from defending the genocidal Zionist Israel and all military support for the IDF
Turn the money saved to suporting universal Healthcare fot all, education, and other altruistic pursuits that benefit humanity and the planet's environment.
Karl Marx was ahead of his time. And remains so today.
Grey, If by making the statement "Our resident trolls carry water every day for these vile representations of humans" is referring to me you are not correct. I do not vote a straight democratic ticket and prefer to not vote for a candidate I consider not representing my values. I do realize you and most of your yellow dog democrats just pull the lever for a straight party but that is their choice.
Are ballots going to refer to democrats as democrat socialist or communist socialist. Confusing time.
In healthcare we tend to demand the latest in tests, be forced to view all the commercials for the latest drug and be treated in a hospital that is in architect digest. Those most passionate about healthcare are certainly not politicians because they have no ideas. If ACA did everything Americans needed why did less than 9 million people sign up?
Les, he was totally before his time. That said his financial solutions were prone to absolute take over by humans who wanted the power without the altruistic trappings. But philosophically? He understood the assignment - take care of each other above all, even if we don't like each other that much.
Concur with Citizens United. Although I'm rather glad it happened. In real time the world got to watch as absolute power corrupted everything it touched. We went from "having issues" when it was enacted to here/now where the DOJ, SCOTUS, Congress, and the Presidency are all riddled with corruption.
Oh, there's always been corruption but in the past it was easier to sweep under the rug. Here/now everyone who has a smartphone has a news producing studio so keeping the corruption secret isn't as easy. Doesn't hurt or help that some folks didn't get the secret memo and are doing their corruption out loud and proud. Well, when you've got SCOTUS by the short hairs I guess you do get to do whatever you want.
As for the rest of the globe (and here if I'm completely honest)? I'm rather Grimm on the topic. The Brothers were extremely fond of punishing those behaving badly with the actions they were doing to others. It's a thought.
skud, I didn't mention you by name and yet here you are, hollering. Feeling some feels, are you? Also, if not MAGA then why MAGA shaped? Just saying, you sure do like quoting all their mostly fact free pieces as evidence. I say mostly fact free because there is enough truth to get the mark to swallow the hook but then the rest is just made up rage and click bait but in the gullet it's hard to tell what is true or not. If I didn't consider MAGA to be a threat to me and mine I'd be impressed with their efficiency.
The party is (and will be until party members vote to change it) The Democratic Party. I think you are trying for humor skud but I can't quite tell. You gotta include some emoticons or stage instructions as your act is bombing onstage.
The health care system with drug ads that you speak of is the for profit system.
People didn't sign up as expected for the ACA because all the subsidies making it affordable for everyday citizens were pulled by the GOP. It's tax breaks for me and no healthcare for thee according to that Grand Old Party where cruelty is the point.
By the way, I answered your questions so here mine for you skud: Where is your condemnation for those who destroyed the ACA skud? You sure like to blame the Dems for blowing their nose incorrectly but actual harm done to our fellow citizens and it's crickets from you. Weird how that plays out.
The American Healhcare system was turned into a for profit system by RMN in the very easy 1970's when Managed Healthcare became a reality. A system which transfered Healthcare decisions to for profit capitalist insurance companies and their executives.
Any wonder why the USA has the highest cost Healthcare on the planet? I think not. As well as currently being seriously broken.
Just as a quick question Skud... the first time he ran, I think you've said you voted for Trump. Did your values then include lying, sexual harassment, swearing publicly in the presence of children, advocating for violence and grabbing women's pu##ies?
You know, the Trump values we for sure knew then...
I can't wait to see the squirming and squigglying that skud will come up with trying to answer your question Dave. It will be interesting. That is if he een responds.
Grey, "skud, enlightened? LOL If skud was enlightened none of us would have to repeat the facts for every issue they present. Let's just say they are a blinking bulb to me i.e. a flash of enlightenment then nothing."And here I thought you were talking to me.
You are correct, I am not all that enlightened, or that I rely on counsel from Les.
Dave, And I thought it was about healthcare but I guess in many peoples lives everything is about trump.
Les, You are correct there is to much profit in our healthcare system. Are we really prepared for managed healthcare which has a lot of problems and not just the fact that we don't have enough healthcare professionals. Take the money out of medicine and how many smart people will choose that career.
Oh Les, I said that squirming so you can feel validated.
skud, mentioning you by name isn't automatically talking to you. In my first comment I didn't even mention you by name but you sure did reply with a metaphorical HEY!!!!
As for your enlightened state I was expressing an opinion, no need for you to validate my right to my opinion. That said, Dave Miller asked you a question.
I copied and pasted it here for your convenience: Dave said: "Just as a quick question Skud... the first time he ran, I think you've said you voted for Trump. Did your values then include lying, sexual harassment, swearing publicly in the presence of children, advocating for violence and grabbing women's pu##ies?
You know, the Trump values we for sure knew then..."
skud, I'm talking to you and letting you know just to make sure you are using your thinking cap. Now, I answered your questions in the comments above and asked you a question which you ignored. You've also ignored Dave Miller's question. Any chance we can get an answer from you?
Grey, As has been pointed out on several occasions my opinions can change depending on the circumstances. I thought having a non politician in office would be a good thing but he proved me wrong. That is why I remain an independent and support a person not a party. I do know that is forbidden in many circles and goes against the yellow dog philosophy. If we only supported politicians who were honest and above board we would have a much smaller government, which would not be a bad thing.
Did you vote for clinton who had a history of abusing women and other criminal acts. Did you support biden who had a documented history of lying. Granted clinton was never filmed admitting his deviant behavior but it was well known and published. Many support a candidate because of the initial after their name, clinton, harris and biden are prime examples, I choose to support a candidate who I believe will do a good job for the country. I have been wrong in the past and I withdrew support.
I would prefer to have a candidate I can support in the next national election but, so far, none have surfaced.
And again you ignore the questions on the table to answer a question not one person here asked of you. Why should I ever answer one of your rambling questions when you refuse to answer any of ours?
I guess in your own backward way you did answer my question - there is no condemnation for the GOP destroying the ACA before it was rolled out for the public. And by not condemning their actions you side yourself with the party you keep stating you do not support.
Make it make sense skud because you just told me to divide by zero, and for the record this isn't the first time you've performed that little trick. I used to bite down hard and answer every point in your Gish Gallop. Now? I just don't have the energy to correct your polluted world view.
Grey, It's early so I understand you not acknowledging my response. I don't know how I can make it so you do understand. It was democrats who implemented jim crowe but according to Ms. Shaw they changed their opinions which by your criteria they were not allowed to do.
Stop trying skud. Because your logic that always discounts facts and verified truths is one no oe undestads
Is one no one understands other than the far rightwing conservatices of the republican party.
Les, As much as I try to understand what you are saying except I hate corporations, successful people and Israel the last sentence you posted threw me.
You indeed like putting your intentionally flawed understanding out there attempting to identify me with YOUR perceptions.
So, in as much as I know your struggle with comprehension skills I'll try to make ir simple.
A) I do not hate the legal entity known as corporations. Rather I hate the greedy capitalists accumulation of wealth I b the top 1 to 3 percent of Americans. I hold Citizen United and the cc scotus responsible for the insanity we see today.
B) I do not hate successful people. I hate their ignorant selfish refusal to give back to the country that helped, in many ways, to make them wealthy.
C) I do not hate the real Jewish people. I hate the butchering genocidal Zionist state that indiscriminately kills innocent children, women, and non combatant men. I hate Zionist ideology of death and destruction in the attempt to ethnically cleanse the Middle East to suite the Zionist's morbid worldview.
Hope that is simple and straightforward enough for you to grasp skud.
Post a Comment