HERE'S THE CBO'S REPORT.
Remember how the Goopers lost their coconuts because President Obama said about Obamacare, "If you like your health care plan you can keep it?"
I have a right winger who's been coming to P.E. since President Obama's administration to remind us of that gawdawful LIE!
But he's silent on the gigantic LIES by the Liar-in-Chief, Donald J. Trump:
Trump vowed that his plan would provide “insurance for everybody” — unlike the Affordable Care Act. Insurance plans, Trump promised, would have “much lower deductibles.” And price, he said, won’t be an issue. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”
From the NYTimes:
"The Congressional Budget Office said on Monday that next year 14 million fewer Americans will have insurance if the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, is repealed and replaced on the terms the president is seeking. That tally would rise to 21 million in 2020 and 24 million in 2026. By then, the total number of uninsured Americans would reach 52 million.
And for what?
To give a gigantic tax cut to wealthy Americans. According to the C.B.O. the loss of health care coverage under the Republican plan stems largely from gutting Medicaid for low-income Americans, even though Mr. Trump has said he would not cut Medicaid.
Coverage would also be lost in part because insurance would become unaffordable for millions as subsidies are withdrawn, despite Mr. Trump’s claim that coverage would become “much less expensive and much better.”
President Obama on the ACA: "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it." That was considered an unforgivable LIE by the Goopers.
But there's silence on all these blistering lies and fake promises by the Liar-in-Chief and his administration spokesliars:
1) “We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said in an interview with The Washington Post. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.” LIE
2) “I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid” LIE
3) “We don't want anyone who currently has insurance to not have insurance.” LIE
4) “I firmly believe that nobody will be worse off financially in the process that we’re going through.” LIE
5) “I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.” More recently, Trump has promised that repeal will end with “a beautiful picture.” LIE
Jonathan Chait explains why this non-health care legislation by the GOP will be a national disaster for Americans and the GOP:
This proposal, the centerpiece of the new all-Republican government’s legislative agenda, is an expression of its shared philosophy. Donald Trump has altered the Republican stance on trade and immigration, not to mention self-enrichment by the First Family and the routine propagation of conspiracy theories by the chief executive. But he has hewed closely to the party’s conviction that the central problem in American life is a government that redistributes too much from the privileged to the underprivileged.
It remains to be seen whether enough Republicans have the courage of their convictions to follow through on this plan. Depriving millions of Americans access to medical care would impose pain more directly and widely than any legislative act in modern U.S. history.