Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Sunday, June 21, 2009

FATHERS' DAY AND OTHER SUBJECTS


Here's a guy who looks an awful lot like my father!


I hope you all had a pleasant Father's Day. My father is no longer with us, but I do have a family I can enjoy the day with, and I did. It was a great day. Beautiful weather, terrific people to share it with.



I thought this statement by the president was poignant and to the point.


In many ways, I came to understand the importance of fatherhood through its absence—both in my life and in the lives of others. I came to understand that the hole a man leaves when he abandons his responsibility to his children is one that no government can fill. -- Barack Obama


*****************************


Also, it is interesting to read more Republicans, George Will & Peggy Noonan, denounce Senators Lindsey Graham, John McCain, et al. for their "foolish" and "shortsighted and mischievous" criticism of President Obama's response to the Iranian crisis.

No comments: