Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Friday, November 27, 2009

THE ESTIMABLE (O)CT(O)PUS OF THE SWASH ZONE

has agreed to take over blogging duties here at Progressive Eruptions for a while.

I will be entering Massachusetts General Hospital for a pre-op procedure on December 1 and surgery on Deember 2.  My docs told me to expect to be in hospital 2 to 3 days, and in recovery for about 2 weeks, maybe less, depending on how quickly I heal.  I am turning over the keys to PE to my favorite 8-armed cephalopod on November 28.

Those of you who have kept in touch with me via email and facebook know this, and I thank you all for your good wishes and encouragement.

I'm certain the posts by The Swash Zone community will produce lively discussions and the occasional ill-tempered commenter.  (O)CT(O)PUS has my permission to delete any obnoxious trolls who post only character assassinations and thoughtless talking points.

All Progressive Eruptions regulars are welcome and invited to continue to post their comments.

I'll be back as soon as possible.  Meanwhile, enjoy the charms of an Octopus's Garden:







Keep it going.





Shaw

14 comments:

Arthurstone said...

My thoughts are with you.

You do good work here.

Dave Miller said...

Take care Shaw. You'll be missed even if only for a few weeks.

dmarks said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

rockync said...

We'll do our best, but hurry back and feel better soon!

(O)CT(O)PUS said...

I am sad to report, there was no turkey this year at the Octopus residence. Everywhere I looked, at every butcher and supermarket on the beach, the excuse was always the same: All our turkeys are still in Washington. So we ate crustaceans instead.

I hope you all don't mind a rascally cephalopod for a few weeks (and I promise not to ink the aquarium).

Have a full and speedy recovery, dear Shaw, while Octo keeps the home fires burning.

Patrick M said...

Good luck, get well soon. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and saving up all the shit I can for you. :)

TAO said...

Ah, Shaw...you take care of yourself!

Now Octy you let the little pesky little trolls post here while Shaw is gone....

Its a feedy frenzy!

The Malcontent said...

The best of luck to you Shaw. Hurry up & get better and hurry back.

Satyavati devi dasi said...

You hurry up and get better.. I will torture Patrick for the both of us.

:*

TOM said...

Get well soon

Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

I second what everyone else said Shaw.

Susannah said...

Hope all goes well, Shaw. You're in my thoughts & my prayers - especially for the next few days/weeks.

recovery well & soon

puddy said...

get well soon!!!

Jim said...

Praying for a successful surgery and more importantly, a speedy recovery.