Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

RIGHT WINGERS AND THEIR LIES, SMEARS, AND MISREPRESENTATIONS

I often visit right wing blogs to read the nonsense they post about Barack Obama. These are just some of the hysterical subjects that a lot of them repeat from mass emails they receive:

Barack Obama is a Muslim
Michelle Obama is a bigot
Barack Obama is a Muslim
Michelle Obama is angry
Barack Obama has big ears
Michelle Obama wears purple
Barack Obama doesn't wear underwear
Michelle Obama eats kittens
Barack Obama speaks Italian
Michelle Obama smiles funny

Well, you get it. The wingnuts are up to their old, dirty tricks again. They're looking at the abyss, and the only thing they have going for them is lies, smears, and misrepresentations.

Yawn.

Thank goodness for Jon Stewart. He tackles this subject quite well and explains it all for us:


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/17/jon-stewart-mocks-media-f_n_107539.html



And this from a recent interview with Senator Obama:

OBAMA: You know, what I believe is that God intervenes, but that his plans are a little too mysterious for me to grasp. And so what I try to do is, as best I can, be an instrument of His will. To act in what I think is accordance to the precepts of my faith.And, you know, if I'm acting in an ethical way, if I am working to make sure that I am applying what I consider to be a core value of Christianity, but also a core value of all great religions, and that is that I am my brother's keeper and I am my sister's keeper, then I will be doing my part to move his agenda forward.But what we do -- what I think we can do is to act in ways that are consummate with the values that we cherish.

How utterly RADICAL that statement is! I mean, it sounds like something a Christian would say.

The wingnuts, as I said, are looking at many years roaming in th desert in sack cloth and ashes, so I can understand their rage, actually, derangement.

The Obamas are strong enough and smart enough to overcome all the slimey lies and misrepresentations the right will throw at them. And, darn it! People (millions and millions and millions) like them!!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=4101774&page=1

7 comments:

Patrick M said...

So am I a wingnut if I make a Dumbo reference?

Also, about Michelle eating kittens, I heard she said they tasted like bald eagle.

Now, I have known a few wingnuts in my time, and I've received a few of those emails. And while I could point to a similar body of work churned out by the moonbats, the point is there is bile produced by both sides. And only the crazies buy into the more ridiculous statements listed.

Beyond that, it's the standard crap produced in every campaign.

If there's something really truthful, it will have evidence. Otherwise, most of the things you have listed will just fade away. In the end, everyone hears the truth.

And Barack has an easier time than most (the ear thing (kidding!)).

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

This clearly shows that Republicans are desperate and can't win on a level playing field.

They have no winning ideas to put forth so they pull this crap. Yet the Obama community is not taking this stuff lying down as the Kerry campaign did.

We will refute them with the truth at every juncture and our guy will shine forth even brighter and sincere.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Patrick,

You are NOT a wingnut. Period.

Never said you were, never thought it.

You're too damn bright.

And I'll keep trying to win you over to our side.

Handsome,

I'm so glad Obama's camp has the rapid response thing going.

Patrick M said...

Shaw: I don't have a 'side' anymore.

I do have principles and expectations in those I support and vote for.

If I do pull a major party lever, it would be McCain over Obama, simply because there are things I find agreement with McCain on. I have yet to find any policy where I can find agreement with Obama.

As for turning me, you haven't really given me a reason to turn. I've heard many things why conservatives and Republicans are wrong, but I have yet to see any liberal ideas to embrace. Something I learned, probably from Ronald Reagan: We learn and persuade by building up, not tearing down. By building bridges, not digging divides. By finding solutions, not bitching about problems.

I'd better copy that last paragraph and put it on my blog.

libhom said...

John "Keating Five" McCain is a poo poo head.

Anonymous said...

libhom,

I couldn't have said it any better.
:-)

Patrick M said...

ibhom,

I couldn't have said it any better.


Shaw: I'll be kind and not knock that one out of the park. Just know that I could.