Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

THE BP OIL SPILL: HOW AMERICA'S PAST PRESIDENTS WOULD HAVE HANDLED IT.


"The only lies we have to fear are BP lies."




"I never gave BP hell. I just told the truth and they think it's hell."




"Beware of the Bush/Cheney-driven Energy Industrial Complex."





"Ask not what we can do for BP; ask what BP can do to clean up the mess they've made of the Gulf."






"BP:  I am the only president you got."





"I won't let you have BP to kick around anymore." 




After tripping over a tar ball, he pardoned BP.




"I swear a gigantic oil gusher tried to land in my boat and attack me!"






"'Drill, Baby, Drill!' isn't the solution to our problem, 'Drill, Baby, Drill!' IS our problem!"





After telling BP they were not one of America's 'thousand points of light,' he vomited all over Tony Hayward.




"BP,  I feel your pain."




"We're doin' everthing we can to address the strategery in the Gulf.  Now watch this drive."

6 comments:

Leslie Parsley said...

Sehr gut.

Sue said...

Good one!! The last 2, Clinton and Bushie made me laugh. One cuz I love him and the other cuz he's so friggin stupid...LOL

Anonymous said...

shaw,

LOL!

Infidel753 said...

Well, barfing all over Tony Hayward (Bush I) might give the guy a sense for how all those oil-covered birds feel.....

I'd like to think Lincoln would have sent General Sherman on a march through BP headquarters.....a proclamation emancipating us from oil would be harder.

US Citizen said...

From 1938 to Carter the government was the solution,

And then came Reagan.

Anonymous said...

Aw, was hoping to see what Washington and Lincoln would have said. Funny stuff though, thanks for the fun read!
-Jackie @ Inlet Filters