Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ALAN KEYES ORDERED TO PAY PRESIDENT OBAMA'S COURT COSTS

Now that's a pleasant headline, isn't it?  A judge in Sacramento has thrown out Keyes stupid court case claiming President Obama is not qualified to be president because he was born in Kenya.  "Birther" nincompoopery that was smacked down by the judge and Keyes is ordered to pay court costs.  That's two that I remember:  Orly Taitz's foolish and wasteful court case and now Keyes' case.  Thrown out and ridiculed.

You can read about it at dailykos and laugh as loudly as I have:

A state appellate court in Sacramento threw out a lawsuit claiming President Barack Obama is not eligible to occupy the White House because he is not a natural-born citizen of the United States. The court ordered the plaintiffs to pay all court fees of the defendents.



The lawsuit was filed shortly after the 2008 general election. The leading plaintiff (of three) was Alan Keyes, a former member of President Ronald Reagan's administration from Maryland, and the 2008 American Independent Party candidate for president.


Keyes is a member of the so-called "birthers" movement. In his complaint, he claimed there is persuasive evidence Obama was born in what is now Kenya, which was then (1961) the British East African Protectorate of Zanzibar. He further claimed that President Obama would have automatically been a British citizen, based on his father's citizenship, and ineligible for office.

7 comments:

Leslie Parsley said...

Shock and applause.

Dave Miller said...

tnlib, I believe that's Shaw Kenaplaws

K. said...

Look up the word "crank" in the dictionary. I'll bet there's a picture of Keyes next to it.

Dave Miller said...

k... and Orly, and Boehner, and a few others too!

Sue said...

when I first stepped into the political blogging world 2 years ago I had seen an interview by the despicable Alan Keyes where he said if Barack Obama should win the election he was calling for Obama to be assassinated. I was shocked one of my first rightwing blog friends agreed with Keyes. It was my first taste of the wingnut hatred! Yes I am that naive! LOL!! That's when I decided I needed a place to counter the RW hysteria and hence my blog was born!

dmarks said...

Probably everyone here remembers Keyes' earlier Senate campaign in which Obama defeated him.

Unknown said...

Alan Keyes is such a buffoon. He is useful; he provides laughter.