Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Saturday, November 25, 2017

"Here we must say farewell."


The opera world and our shared world cultural zeitgeist lost a true artist on November 22.

Dmitri Hvorostovsky was a Russian baritone of incomparable beauty and depth.

Growing up in an Italian family, I was exposed to opera at an early age, and it was always a part of our family's cultural life. I have carried that love of opera all through my adult life, and, therefore, kept a keen interest in the world of opera.

Here is Hvorostovsky performing from Don Carlos and other operas. He will be missed.





4 comments:

KanaW said...

What an amazing voice!
I'm sure he'll be sadly missed.
Wow.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Yes, KanaW, he will be missed. Such a tragedy.

KanaW said...

I hadn't seen him before, but after your post I binge-watched everything I could find on Youtube. I was enthralled.

Shaw Kenawe said...

I've been binge-watching as much as I can find on YouTube as well. Breaks my heart.