Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

You have to admit, Vance/Armageddon is going to be a tough ticket to beat in '28




 

JD Vance Says He’s OK With Bringing About the End Times 

Vice President JD Vance isn't sure if we're living in the "end times," but he's not afraid to bring them about, either. 

 In a sit-down interview with 22-year-old evangelist podcaster Bryce Crawford, Vance said that he's "OK" if his work on earth brings about a biblical doomsday event. 

 "Do I think we are in the end times? I don't know," Vance said in the interview released Monday, noting that it would be bad for him spiritually if he were to spend too much time thinking about that query. 

"While I'm fascinated by it, I think that focusing on it too much can be very bad."

[skip]

"Ultimately, Vance gave Crawford more than an hour of his time, while the White House aggravates long-standing Western alliances, embraces Russia, wages war on Iran, undermines voting rights, and further divides the American public—among other sordid realities."

11 comments:

Les Carpenter said...

The End Times: An Empire Christianity belief that supports the belief in a mythological god that spend its time fguring out ways to control humankind from birth to death.

Humans are the creators of their own reality. Created through their actions grounded in their beliefs as well as societal conditioning.

Les Carpenter said...

Beliefs based on the beliefs of the RCC and the Roman Emperor Constantine who needed to unite his Empire under one a religious dogma the Empire and Church could control.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Isn't Peter Thiel the AntiChrist?

Grey One talks sass said...

I love the title and by love I mean my insanely dark sense of humor, honed by watching my loved ones dragged through every symptom of the worst diseases imaginable, read it and concluded it will be tough to beat because everything goes kablooie in '27. And I'm still laughing.

Per so many posts on the socials the Billionaires are getting ready to dive into their bunkers for safe keeping. Many questions raised about how that's going to work out for them, mostly historical references which are also absolutely funny when one thinks about it. These folks don't possess any practical skills so how will they survive? Oh, sure, they have months of supplies but then what? When money goes away and their currency is useless are they certain their paid armies will remain loyal? LOL History is knocking and it's rhyming more than Dr. Seuss.

Based on what I'm watching there are many wise minds focused on the issue of 'are nukes on the table or not'? Ego, which has been discussed on this site more than once, is a hell of a drug and the current admin is high on it's own supply.

Maybe it's due to my trauma filled past but at this point my thought is Bring it. I already know my future under the current regime - work camp or prolonged death at a detention center as I'm denied any medications needed to keep me alive. We have concentration camps in the USA. We are denying folks their medications all the time. I can't keep up with all the court cases filed on the subject. I also can't keep up with all the court orders this admin in general and ICE in specific have just flat out ignored. It's deeply unconstitutional and aside from a handful of patriots it goes largely ignored.

So yeah, Vance doesn't want to think too closely about those he's aligned himself with or about the consequences of his actions. LOL I have never been so glad to not be someone, especially someone like JD Vance who has reinvented himself so many times he has no clue as to which way is up.

Whenever I get too stressed about the subject I am reminded by the young folks that they trained for this. They grew up knowing nothing but the miasma we exist in now so what presents as "I can't see through the fog" for me is "I got this" for the kids. Of course they aren't sharing their plans with me!! Are you kidding? I can't keep a secret to save my life! I just know something underneath the chaos is up. I'm going to trust that feeling. Truly, for me, it's my only hope.

Lulu’s back in Town said...

It would have been nice if you had CRITICIZED Tim Walz KAMALA’s pick for VP the same way as you have done with JD Vance.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Tim Walz isn't a shape-shifter like Vance. Have your forgotten that Vance said, and I quote, "Trump is America's Hitler."

How in hell does a person go from comparing Trump to one of the 20th century's worst mass murderers to his lap poodle? I'll tell you: A person would have to be devoid of a moral compass or able to be whatever the current political climate wants you to be. IOW, a shape-shifter.



Shaw Kenawe said...

: In storytelling, a shapeshifter is an archetypal character whose motives, allegiances, or morals are fluid and hard to pin down.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Actually, that would, in some circles, be Trump.

Thiel is just an opportunistic billionaire who has no allegiance to any politics, nation, or philosophy, except to his own ideas.

He famously wrote in a 2009 essay that he no longer believes freedom and democracy are compatible. He is deeply shaped by the philosopher René Girard and tech-utopian ideas. He views technology as a way to escape government limits. Politics is a practical tool for Thiel, not a strict party loyalty.

Thiel's recent move to Argentina was not met with enthusiasm by the Argentinians.

Dave Miller said...

BTW Lulu... we have been critical of Harris here, ICYMI. As much as GOP folks? Of course not, because many of us are mostly progressive. So what would you expect?

So what are your thoughts on the reality of what Shaw cited about VP Vance comparing Trump to Hitler? Did Trump change after Vance's characterization of him? Or was Vance wrong and/or lying when he made his now infamous statement on Trump?

Dave Dubya said...

Lulu scared to respond. Lulu go bye-bye.

Vance is nothing but a sleazy Christian nationalist promoting a death cult.

JD Vance: There is this crazy idea in the Democratic Party that if you just repeat insane ideas, eventually the American people are going to believe them.

JD Vance: If I have to create stories so that the media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that's what I'm going to do.

JD Vance: “They’re eating the dogs. They’re eating the dogs”.

JD Vance: I’m trying to focus on doing as much of God’s work as possible right now. And if that leads to the end times, okay.”

JD Vance: "The professors are the enemy"

JD Vance “I go back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical asshole like Nixon who wouldn't be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he's America's Hitler. How's that for discouraging?”

Les Carpenter said...

Vance, just another opportunist A-hole who would do as much damage to our democratic republic as his boss dipsh*t trump.