Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Saturday, April 24, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS KEVIN CALLAHAN!

I'm so proud of my nephew, Kevin:

After more than forty years of musical symbiosis and of stage shared with his brother Sergio, Odair Assad records his first solo album! 

And one of my nephew's original composition for guitar, Red Fantasy, is featured on Odair Assad's solo album!




New compositions follow one another, written by Leo Brouwer, Egberto Gismonti, Sergio Assad, Kevin Callahan and Roland Dyens. Discover them now on GHA’s web site www.gharecords.com

A big step for the soloist; a big step for the guitar!

Here's a link to a YouTube site where you can listen to Kevin play another one of his compositions, "The Riverbed" from his suite, "Three River Moments."

h/t Boomer Bob

3 comments:

Leslie Parsley said...

I look forward to hearing a little of both. I enjoy classical guitar a whole bunch.

Unknown said...

WOW! I listened to Kevin's music here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kevincallahanmusic

Although I'd never heard of him until now (nor the Assad brothers), frankly I prefer his music to that of the Assad Brothers.

Kevin's is much more soothing.

Your pride is certainly justified.

Oso said...

Congratulations Shaw to both Kevin and you!

It's so heartening when a family member "makes it"!

Great stuff!