Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Funny Stuff from 2013, Part I



A young Canadian woman tries to sing U.S.A's national anthem at a minor league hockey game in Canada.

A for effort, honey, and we don't mean to laugh.  But...damn! That's funny.







Could YOU sing the Canadian national anthem in front of hundreds of people?

It's the only other national anthem I know by heart because of the hockey players in our family.  

One evening a year or so ago a man and woman were walking in my North End neighborhood.  The man was wearing a red and white leather jacket with the Canadian flag on the back.  My companion and I, walking behind the couple, started singing "O Canada!"  The couple turned around and listened politely until we finished and joined us in laughing, then thanked us for making them feel so welcome in the city of the Big Bad Bruins.

3 comments:

BB-Idaho said...

IMO, the Canadian anthem is a simpler melody .

okjimm said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFn3dlj_9Qg


I always that it was , "Eh, Canada" whatta I know,huh?

Shaw Kenawe said...

Our anthem was stolen from a British drinking song. And yes, it is difficult to sing.

Eh, Canada? Eh?