Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

PURE EVIL

 Former congressman Steve Israel adds his take: 


 "There were moments when I thought, “Finally, we will do something.” I remember sitting at my desk in my district office on Long Island watching the grisly images of the murder of 26 children and adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Conn., in 2012, and President Barack Obama with tears streaming down his cheeks. I was confident that at the very least we’d expand background checks or make it harder for people with mental illness to obtain guns. My confidence ebbed when I heard my colleagues turn this into a debate over the rights of gun owners instead of the right to life of children. 




In the confines of the members-only elevators, where my colleagues could speak honestly, I heard colleagues confide that any vote for gun safety would lower their N.R.A. scores, making them casualties in the next election."

That is the very definition of pure evil.







No comments: