Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Friday, June 21, 2019

TRUMP'S CONCENTRATION CAMPS



Attorneys: Texas Border Facility Is Neglecting Migrant Kids

A legal team that inspected a Border Patrol station near El Paso, Texas, says young migrants being held there are experiencing neglect and mistreatment at the hands of the U.S. government.



BY CEDAR ATTANASIO, GARANCE BURKE AND MARTHA MENDOZA, Associated Press EL PASO, Texas (AP) — A 2-year-old boy locked in detention wants to be held all the time. A few girls, ages 10 to 15, say they've been doing their best to feed and soothe the clingy toddler who was handed to them by a guard days ago. 

Lawyers warn that kids are taking care of kids, and there's inadequate food, water and sanitation for the 250 infants, children and teens at the Border Patrol station. The bleak portrait emerged Thursday after a legal team interviewed 60 children at the facility near El Paso that has become the latest place where attorneys say young migrants are describing neglect and mistreatment at the hands of the U.S. government. 

 Data obtained by The Associated Press showed that on Wednesday there were three infants in the station, all with their teen mothers, along with a 1-year-old, two 2-year-olds and a 3-year-old. There are dozens more under 12. Fifteen have the flu, and 10 more are quarantined.





Shame on Trump and on anyone who supports this inhuman treatment of living babies and children:

"The Trump administration argued in front of a Ninth Circuit panel Tuesday that the government is not required to give soap or toothbrushes to children apprehended at the U.S. - Mexico border and can have them sleep on concrete floors in frigid, overcrowded cells.

The Trump administration told incredulous appeals court panel that a judge erred by insisting that 'safe and sanitary' conditions for detained immigrant children means they must have access to soap."

No soap. No toothbrushes. No healthcare. No soccer. No human touch. The regime of cruelty's immigration policy as set by Stephen Miller is sadistic!

The people who defend, support, uphold, and labor for this administration have no soul, no conscience, no humanity. They are devoid of everything that would make them redeemable.

The point is cruelty. 

The Trump administration is an abomination, headed by a barbaric monster.


24 comments:

Doris said...

They are NOT IN Concentration Camps! They're in "camps" because they illegally entered the USA, and they were very much aware of their actions and the likely consequences. They were NOT "rounded up" as you seem to think.

Can they leave? Probably, but as far as I know none have requested to go back to Mexico. I'm sure that's an option, but they don't seem to want it. That alone should tell you something...

Jesus Loves You Only If You're White said...

No one HERE asked them to invade OUR territory.

Their stupid PARENTS were more at fault than anyone else, except the guys who RENTED the kids FROM their stupid, frankly ABUSIVE PARENTS, and tried to PRETEND they were related just to take advantage of our INSANE asylum laws.

The fault lies ENTIRELY in the LAPS of the INVADERS, and the rotten, cynical CROOKS qho ENCOURAGED team to BREAK INTO OUR COUNTRY. unbidden n the first place.

If AOC ever gets her way, our COUNTRY will quickly be tranformed into a CUNTRY.

Jesus Loves Me But Not You said...

they’re lucky they’re getting such better care than any Jew ever hoped to get in a real concentration camp!

Since WHEN do illegals get free healthcare and WE don’t?

Since WHEN can homeless people who are bringing in filth and sickness be allowed to stay anywhere they want on the streets because “Gee, you’d hate it if we told YOU where you could live!” when there IS housing for them to go to!?

Shaw Kenawe said...

Wow! My post stirred up the TrumpCultists' love of Jesus to the point where they feel it necessary to remind us all what hideous people they are.


These people would have turned away a shipload of Jewish refugees seeking asylum from the Nazis.


There's no difference.

Rational Nation USA said...

... children apprehended at the U.S. - Mexico border and can have them sleep on concrete floors in frigid, overcrowded cells.

Frigid at the US - Mexico Border?

That aside, the treatment of these children at the border is deplorable. However, to equate them with Nazi concentration camps is, in my opinion, purely an emotional response to whip up justified disgust. Admittedly something well deserved by the Trump Administration. Comparing these detention centers to Nazi concentration camps however is a false equivalency.

Anonymous said...

Matthew 25:31-46 – “…I was a stranger and you welcomed me.”

Luke 3:11 – “Whoever has two coats must share with anyone who has none…”

Luke 4:16-21 – “…Bring good news to the poor…release to the captives…sight to the blind...let the oppressed go free.”

Romans 12:13 – “Mark of the true Christian: “…Extend hospitality to strangers…”

II Corinthians 8:13-15 – “It is a question of a fair balance between your present abundance and their need…”

Ephesians 2:11-22 – “So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are citizens with the saints and also members of the household of God.”

Hebrews 11 – “By faith Abraham…set out for a place…not knowing where he was going.”

Hebrews 13:1-2 – “…show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels…”

James 2:5 – “Has not God chosen the poor in the world…”

James 2:14-17 – “What good is it…if you say you have faith but do not have works?”

I John 3:18 – “…Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.”


Possumlady

Dave Miller said...

Shaw... you hit a nail on the head. When people can't argue with the logic of a post, the resort to attacks and name calling, which is exactly what happened over at the home of the "False Fact." The other quotes of course are from the compassionate group over at the Mother Ship who believe if we just make it dangerous or horrible enough we can dissuade ppl from wanting to come here.

What they've failed to understand is that there is nothing worse than death. Especially after you've walked hundreds of miles.

I read one story where African immigrants fly to Ecuador, because they can without a VISA, and then start the walk north to the US. How bad do people think you have to treat those folks so they won't come here?

I get that we can't take in the whole world, but there has to be a way to fix this system somewhere between "send them all home" and "they can all stay indefinitely." But the 30%er's on both sides are drowning out the voices of the middle 40.

Shaw Kenawe said...

RN, I didn't use the adjective "Nazi" when I labeled the camps "concentration" camps.


Merriam-Webster:

Concentration Camp | Definition of Concentration Camp by Merriam ...
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/concentration%20camp
: a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard.

That pretty much describes what's going on.

To deny children (or anyone) basic needs while trying to sort out and decide what to do with these refugees and migrants is abominal. I don't ever want to hear any Trumper say we are exceptional people. And I especially don't want to hear or read anything about Jesus and his gospel from these people either, because they're hypocrites.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Possomlady, I've written the same thing here. When it comes to actually practicing what their Savior preached, the Trumpers fail. Miserably.

Shaw Kenawe said...

The Trumpers who come here to justify this treatment of babies, children, and teens are essentially saying, "They shouldn't have come here seeking refuge. If we treat them like animals, they deserve it!

Ray Cranston said...

God helps us! This administration is clueless. Always campaigning and discrediting the press, and never focusing on governing our national security. It’s all about him and his narcissistic attitude. So sick of this asshole. Vote him out. Worst president ever!

Rational Nation USA said...

No, but AOC did.

Shaw Kenawe said...

"Doris" wrote: They are NOT IN Concentration Camps! They're in "camps" because they illegally entered the USA,

S.K. Many of them are refugees who seek asylum. That is legal under U.S. law.


"Doris" "and they were very much aware of their actions and the likely consequences. They were NOT "rounded up" as you seem to think."

S.K. They were "rounded up at the border, where many of them sought LEGAL asylum, and they were put in concentration camps -- babies as young as 4 months were taken from their mothers. You may be fine with that "Doris," but normal human beings are not.

"Doris" wrote: "Can they leave? Probably,

S.K. NO. They cannot just walk out of detention/concentration camps. The process can take up to 3 months or more.


"Doris" wrote: "but as far as I know none have requested to go back to Mexico."

The overwhelming majority are from Central America. Try educating yourself on what you think you know. It'll be so liberating, "Doris."



"Doris" wrote: "I'm sure that's an option, but they don't seem to want it. That alone should tell you something..."

No, "Ddoris" what tells us "something" is that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Shaw Kenawe said...


RN, when you read about the conditions of the camps where these children are being held, it's a distinction without a difference. The report said children are not being kept clean, no soap? No toothbrushes? Inadequate food, water, sanitation, and medical care?

"A 2-year-old boy locked in detention wants to be held all the time. A few girls, ages 10 to 15, say they've been doing their best to feed and soothe the clingy toddler who was handed to them by a guard days ago. Lawyers warn that kids are taking care of kids, and there's inadequate food, water and sanitation for the 250 infants, children and teens at the Border Patrol station."

Very much like conditions during the Nazi concentration camps.

We're supposed to be the "Shining City on a Hill." Not a country that rounds up people and treats babies and children in our custody like animals.

This is a national disgrace, and perhaps hyperbole needs to be used to get people to pay attention.

Doris said...

Your above comment on the treatment of child is not only WRO, but BULLSHIT, and you know it!

Shaw Kenawe said...


"Doris" provide evidence that contradicts what I wrote. If you can't, admit that you're a liar.

Thank you.

Doris said...

I’m a “liar’?
Your an Idiot, and the biggest IDIOT that I have ever come across

Shaw Kenawe said...

"Doris" it's really wearying to deal with people like you. Why I did this time, I don't know. But read this. Very. Carefully.

I asked you to provide evidence against what I wrote on my blog about the babies and children being detained at the border in the camps.

Here is what you wrote: "Your above comment on the treatment of child is not only WRO, but BULLSHIT, and you know it!"

I asked you to provide me evidence. And if you did not. THEN WHAT YOU WROTE WOULD BE A LIE. ONE WHO TELLS A LIE IS A LIAR.

I'm wondering now if you're and adolescent or a preteen. If so, perhaps I was a bit harsh. If not, you're nothing but a troll who deliberately twists my words and willfully misunderstands.

Dave Miller said...

Shaw... I've become convinced that about 90% of the folks, as well as the "host" of WYD, of which I am sure Doris belongs, if under a different moniker, are all fakes.

Most of them exist only to get to folks, can't, or won't provide evidence to their insipid rants and declare themselves the arbiters of all things American.

There's no reasoning with them. Most are immune to simple logic, argue as the Mother Ship does, that our laws should not be followed, or be changed, and exist to rile people up.

skudrunner said...

There is a simple way to prevent any abuse on anyone entering the country illegally, don't enter the country illegally. Problem solved!
I assume you do not think trump should continue the obama administration policy. I thought I remembered congress taking a look at immigration reform and DACA, where does that stand with Big Nancy in charge?

Shaw Kenawe said...

skud, a lot of those people at the border are refugees seeking asylum, which is legal under our own U.S. laws.

What the Trump administration is doing now to those at the border are crimes against humanity. Separating children as young as 4 months old from their mothers is barbaric and unworthy of what America stands for.

Under Trump, America has been debased. The majority of us will not forget how he diminished America in the eyes of the world and turned us into a bottomless pit of shame and dishonor.

And for the gazillionth time, the House under Democratic control has passed over 100 bills. Mitch McConnell won't even bring ONE of those bills to the floor for discussion.

Mitch McConnell is a blight on our democratic system of government.

Ducky's here said...

I wonder if this makes thi week's Sunday Faith Blog?

You just know the base is eating this up.

Dave Miller said...

Folks... and that includes you Skud, asylum seekers are a different class of people than "regular" immigrants. Those seeking asylum can come across the border to request a chance to establish their claim and plead for a chance to stay in the US. It is a legal right and in so doing, they are not "illegals" rather, people following the law.

Now people can decide to not like the law, which is the basis of the Mother Ship's post today, but that is the law. And if you don't like it, you can always change it. But until such time, sorry folks, the law wins out.

skudrunner said...

Rev, They have to seek asylum in the first country they enter not the second therefore by passing through Mexico to seek asylum in the US makes them illegals not asylum seekers.

Ms Shaw, I do agree with you about the policy of separating children from their parents.
They should just allow the children to be put in with the adult population and see what happens.