Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

.

.
.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

PALIN UNABLE TO NAME A LANDMARK SUPREME COURT CASE OTHER THAN ROE V. WADE

Holy crap.

Her ignorance seems to have no bounds.

Gov Palin is a perfect example of an elected official who was "swept into office" at a particularly low period in a state's history. Not necessarily a great feat when the state's population is small with seemingly few qualified candidates to choose from who would want to run for high office.

In Alaska, it sounds to me like she just materialized out of thin air to much the same hoopla she received after her selection by McCain as his VP. Alaska, tired of its culture of corruption, was particularly vulnerable to the lure of someone passing herself off as a reformer, despite those claims being, at best, dubious.

Thus, Gov. Palin was likely not vetted as governor either, and an adoring, yet uninformed, populus elected her. The same thing happened when Evan Mecham (with no more qualifications than being a car dealership magnate) was elected as governor of Arizona, despite being inherently unqualified (he was later impeached).

It's only a matter of time before the wheels begin to come off of Gov. Palin's popularity in Alaska, as they most certainly have begun coming off of her VP candidacy. She is getting much greater exposure and scrutiny on a national scale, and McCain's impulsiveness and gamble is costing him big time on this one.

PS. Off the top of my head:

Brown vs. The Board of Education
Plessy vs. Ferguson
The Miranda Decision (Miranda vs. Arizona--her running mate's home state!)
and reaching back into American history, Marbury vs. Madison
How about Dredd Scott decision?
And most recently the Hamdan vs. Rumsfeld decision.

She's an undereducated embarrassment. And no matter how much lipstick (stuffing her with facts) they put on her, she's still woefully and dangerously not qualified to be anything more than a mayor of a village.

She has reached her level of incompetence.

John McCain chose this her to be VP, and possibly the president of the United States.

Country First? What a lie.

And for your reading hilarity, this zinger on Palin from "The New Yorker."

8 comments:

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Got some news for you that will perk up your day:

“In the last 20 days, Sen. Barack Obama has gone from seven points down to eight points up in Florida, while widening his leads to eight points in Ohio and 15 points in Pennsylvania.”

I'm not relaxing or coasting to victory but I would love to see a landslide. That would be awesome. I'm going to have a champagne bottle on election night and if he loses I'll drink it to numb the sorrow. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that awesome info, handsome!


Really. I'm with you on not becoming complacent on this.

Let's see how the Ms. Mooseburger does in the debates.

She sure has NOT helped McCain with the independents and women in this election.

The only people who love her is the "Guns, Gays, and God" Republican base.

Everyone else sees her as a drag on the ticket.

The J Mopper said...

Please don't leave out the ignorant as crucial to the GOP base. Delusional is a close second as the GOP base never lets facts get in the way of their arguments.

Like I've said elsewhere, it's not important that Palin has a firm grasp on the issues or can successfully put together a few sentences of any real substance. What's important is that "Joe six pack" can identify with her.

Shaw Kenawe said...

I couldn't agree with you more, John.

The Griper said...

"John McCain chose this her to be VP, and possibly the president of the United States."

you keep using the phrase 'possibly the president.' just what are the odds of of probability of that happening?

The J Mopper said...

"just what are the odds of of probability of that happening?"

Based on what we've seen from Palin, anything more than 0% would be catastrophic for the USA/world.

Anonymous said...

If Elected, a 1 in 6 Chance Palin Becomes President

According to Vol. 54, No. 14 of the National Vital Statistics Reports available from the CDC at

http://www.cdc.gov/...

The odds of a 72 year old white male American dying in the next four years are a bit over 16%. You can calculate this using the table on Page 17.

Feeling lucky America? No worries. It turns out that the VP is sort of an internship or undergraduate program for one very lucky older student. Perhaps we should let people compete for it on an American Idol-like program.

Fourteen of the forty-four former vice presidents became president of the United States — more than half of them after a president had died.

I read somewhere, I forget, where Charles Black (McCain's controversial strategist) said that Palin did not need to know much about foreign affairs initially because she would spend the next four years learning at the feet of the master. We should probably get a copy of the syllabus so we will all know exactly where she will be in her course of study if he dies before she earns her degree.

So America! Let's choose a running mate for a presidential candidate on the basis of his or her being a "hottie" and electrifyin' up the base. Intelligence? Knowledge? Curiosity about world issues--or hell, the world itself?

Beh. We don't need no stinkin' know-it-all. We want Ms. Six Pack, cuz, y'know, beer swillin', moose huntin', beauty queens are the real people who know how to guide this country through dangerous times!

Hell. Sarah can do it by just looking at Russia!

The Griper said...

ok, a 16% chance. that means that there is an 84% chance he won't die. guess i prefer voting for someone based on what he will do as apposed to the possibility of what might happen. i don't particularly like voting because someone is trying to scare me based on the possibilities. you might and that is your perogative.