Paul Revere by Cyrus Dallin, North End, Boston

~~~

~~~

Saturday, March 16, 2024

SATURDAY NIGHT MUSIC

 

My new obsession: Badi (pronounced BAH-dji) Assad, a Brazilian singer/guitarist and sister of the world famous classical guitarists, the  Assad Brothers.


Enjoy:



 


Badi Assad was voted one of the best guitarists in the world by Guitar Player magazine. 

She has worked with Bobby McFerrin, Yo-Yo Ma, Sarah McLachlan, Seu Jorge, and NanĂ¡ Vasconcelos. 

She has performed in some of the most prestigious international festivals such as Montreal Jazz Festival, North Sea Jazz Festival in the Netherlands as well as in such theater venues as L'Opera de Paris, Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, Palais de Beaux-Arts de Bruxelles, and the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles. She has also appeared in Farm Aid and Lilith Fair.

3 comments:

Grey One talks sass said...

Thank you for sharing. I will listen again and again as her interaction between voice (steady on the main melodic line) and guitar (wandering with dissonance which highlights the melody without mimicking it thereby avoiding the sound of saccharin in my opinion) is so mathematically and musically pleasing it brought balance to my soul.

I didn't understand a word she said as I don't speak Portuguese and yet I 'got' everything the song was intended to convey. Beautiful.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Nice, but I'll stick with <a href="https://youtu.be/FI1b9RK10JI?si=moLRPzMxsVPGJix-"?Elis Regina</a..

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Nice, but I'll stick with Elis Regina